ADDRESS DELIVERED BY THE GOVERNOR OF OGUN STATE, HIS EXCELLENCY, PRINCE DAPO ABIODUN, MFR AT THE INAUGURATION OF ALHAJA SELIMOT OLAPEJU OTTUN AS THE NEW HEAD OF SERVICE, AND THREE OTHER MEMBERS OF THE STATE EXECUTIVE COUNCIL, HELD ON TUESDAY, 30TH JUNE, 2020
Exactly 10 days ago, the former Head of Service Tpl. (Mrs.) Amope Ajibola Chokor bowed out of the Civil Service. However, in line with our assurance and commitment to our people that vacuum of critical positions of this caliber must be filled without delay as a way to guarantee the continuous and smooth operations of the system. It is to this end that we are gathered here to witness the inauguration of a new leadership of the Public Service of our dear State. And, on that note, I welcome you all to the swearing-in ceremony of Alhaja Selimot Olapeju Ottun as the 19th Head of Service for Ogun State Public Service.
- As we are inaugurating the new Head of Service, today, I am pleased to also inaugurate 3 new members of the State Executive Council, who will work with me and the other members of our team in our service to the people of Ogun State. These were chosen from the galaxy of stars that are abundant in our beloved State, and most importantly, from the very best that have shown and shared our commitment to working tirelessly for the people of our great State. This is towards achieving a future where every citizen, resident and visitor to our dear State can reach his/her full potential.
- I am talking about Engr. Olugbenga Dairo, who will man the portfolio of our newly created Transportation Ministry as Commissioner, and, two others, as Special Advisers: Arc. Abiodun Fari- Arole, who takes charge as Managing Director of the Ogun State Property and Investment Corporation (OPIC) and my Special Adviser, as well as Dr. Lateef Tayo Lawal, who is my Special Adviser, Health.
- Their resumes are such that exemplify the standard of Excellence of which our dear State is revered. I believe you are ready to get to work. Indeed, the work has already started. For the few months that you had been with us, COVID or no COVID, you would have seen the tempo and clear focus with which we implement the roadmap towards the delivery of our “BUILDING OUR FUTURE TOGETHER” Agenda.
- Dear incoming colleagues in the State Executive Council, as you are aware, the State Executive Council Meeting is usually held on a weekly basis. As part of efforts towards ensuring effective delivery on our priorities, we have instituted a system to track the progress against what we have committed to do to achieve these objectives.
- Let me say that, today, we are witnessing another symbolic representation of our Administration’s commitment towards providing good governance based on fairness, inclusiveness, equity and justice. I must also say that in all that we do for over a year now, we have always observed due process, transparency and wide consultation. And, the appointment of Alhaja Selimot Olapeju Ottun, as the new Head of Service, is therefore a product of thoroughness, meritorious service, proven managerial credentials and capabilities.
- Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, our Administration recognizes the importance of the Public Service to the realization of our goals. And, for this reason, we have remained committed to placing the Public Service on a good stead to perform its statutory function for the citizens of Ogun State and towards the successful implementation of our collective mission of “Building our Future Together” Agenda. We will continue to ensure that the Ogun State Public Service has not just any type of leadership, but the right leadership.
- On that note, let me congratulate our new Head of Service for being found worthy of the appointment. However, let me us this opportunity to remind our new Head of Service that, you are being appointed at a crucial time in the development process and improving on the fortune of our dear State.
- You are coming at a time that the Public Service must demonstrate the right attitude to resuscitate the ailing economy as a result of the effect of COVID-19 pandemic on the global economy of which Nigeria, nay Ogun State, is not immune. In this direction also, the Public Service will have to exhibit the positive attitude that will engender a symbiotic Public-Private Partnership (PPP) for the good of our dear State and the People. The kind of leadership that you provide as Head of Service will go a long way towards the successful realization of that goal. I pray that God will help you. You have been chosen out of many others who are equally qualified, experienced, and possess the prerequisite skills to lead the Ogun State Public Service. You should therefore see this call to duty as a challenge. I will urge you as the new Head of Service to act conscientiously and dutifully to preserve the legacy and success of the proud pioneers and forebears of the Public Service in Ogun State and Nigeria. And as the 5th female and 19th Head of Service of Ogun State, I charge you to improve and surpass the brilliant performance of the past Heads of Service in Ogun State.
- At this juncture, let me reiterate our Administration’s unwavering commitment to the development of all sectors of our State’s economy. In this direction, we will continue to provide an enabling environment for our people, within and outside the Public Service, with genuine intentions directed at providing a more prosperous life for all the people of Ogun State. Let me observe that in the successful implementation of the “Building our Future Together” Agenda, our Administration has made it a matter of policy to reposition all areas and sectors of Ogun State’s economy, for the continued development of our dear State. As the core engine room of Government, our Administration will continue to re-engineer the Ogun State Public Service and motivate our Public/Civil Servants to ensure continuous and smooth operations of the Government.
- As part of our deliberate strategy in this direction, in the last one year, we have opened more rooms for our career public/civil servants to get to the peak of their careers. Similarly, we have also put in place other welfare programmes and projects to continue in motivating our public servants. For example, we are delivering on our promise to provide affordable housing by creating the A.A.K. Degun Workers Estate Phase II at Laderin, Abeokuta; and, the on-going prince Court Workers Estate at Kemta/Idi-aba, Abeokuta.
- Let me also use this opportunity to reassure all the great workers of Ogun State that ours is not an Administration that reneges on its promises. We will fulfill all the promises we made, and we will honour all agreements we have with our workers. In doing this, and as we continue to ensure the provision of adequate and effective working tools for our Public Service, we shall also see to the fact that the working environment is friendly enough to guarantee the optimal productivity from our Public Service.
- Once again, let me congratulate the new Head of Service, and the new Executive Council members most especially, for this attainment. Equally, I congratulate the entire Public Service of Ogun State for reaching another milestone in its enviable history as a trail-blazer in the comity of Public Service in Nigeria. At this point, it is with a sense of duty that I inaugurate Alhaja Selimot Olapeju Ottun as the new Head of Service of Ogun State; Engr. Olugbenga Dairo as Commissioner for Transportation; Arch. Abiodun Fari-Arole as Special Adviser/M.D. of OPIC; and, Dr. Lateef Tayo Lawal as Special Adviser on Health. I wish you all fulfillment in your tasks ahead.
- I thank you all for listening and God bless.
Igbega Ipinle Ogun, Ajose gbogbo wa ni o!
Prince Dapo Abiodun, MFR
Governor of Ogun State, Nigeria.
Tuesday, 30th June, 2020
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: CS Kagwe tours Makueni as Covid-19 rise to 8,528 Makueni July 8, 2020 July 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ghana: COVID-19 Update as of 8 July 2020 July 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (8th July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Total confirmed COVID-19 cases in Kenya is 8528 July 8, 2020
- Global leaders to address International Labour Organization (ILO) Virtual Global Summit on COVID-19 and the World of Work July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus – South Africa: Transport Committee says Taxi Industry issues understandable and resolvable July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Libya: Speech by Foreign Minister Heiko Maas on Libya at the UN Security Council (Video conference) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (7 July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County (8th July 2020) July 8, 2020
- Al Ain Finance selects Temenos SaaS to remotely deploy Corporate Banking Solution during Covid-19 July 8, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized3 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Prince Ned Nwoko Poses With His Wives
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award