Edo community petitions IGP over An Officer’s alleged abuse of office
From Elvis Omoregie, Beninp
The indigenes of Obagie-Nevbosa Community in Ikpoba Okha local government area of Edo State have cried out over an alleged official abuse of office by an officer of the Nigerian police.
The community, specifically accused Acting CP Idowu Owohunwa, a Principal Staff Officer (PSO) at the Force Headquarters in Abuja of obstructing justice in a criminal/breach of security case it “reported to the relevant police formations”.
In a petition they filed through their counsel, O. G. Alenloshan Esq. Obagie-Nevbosa said the PSO alleged clog in the wheel of getting justice has emboldened the suspect in the case, one Emmanuel Aigbedo “to boast that he is above police investigation.”
It said a call log between the suspect and the PSO would play a key role in ascertaining the veracity of their petition.
Whilst urging IGP Usman Alkali Baba to intervene in the matter, the community expressed unflinching confidence in the force “despite the unprofessional disposition of the PSO”.
The petition alleged that the PSO who is an Ag commissioner of police “has continued to negatively use his office to frustrate and thwart genuine efforts of the police in carrying out a discreet investigation against Emmanuel Aigbedo”.
Reacting in a telephone conversation, Acp Idowu Owohuma said the people should desist from blackmail and put their facts right to pursue their cause as he is not from that community neither is he in charge of the investigation.
Cover Of The Week
- AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative May 17, 2021
- Basketball Africa League and Flutterwave Announce Multiyear Partnership May 17, 2021
- Kyrgyz Republic's Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) Sector to Benefit from International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation's (ITFC) US $4 Million Line of Trade Financing Facility May 17, 2021
- Invest Africa and Absa Group announce strategic collaboration May 17, 2021
- The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business welcomes Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard to its Senior Advisory Board May 17, 2021
- Hamburg's German African Energy Forum to jumpstart Africa's Economic Transformation May 17, 2021
- Photo News Release: Call For Entries - Rugby Africa's Inaugural Media & Photography Awards May 17, 2021
- Patriots rally to defeat Rivers Hoopers in Opener of Basketball Africa League May 17, 2021
- Call For Entries: Rugby Africa's Inaugural Media & Photography Awards May 17, 2021
- Ministry of Primary Education of the Republic of Cameroon will receive 1 mln licenses of Russian MyOffice software May 17, 2021
Politics6 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion5 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?