By Elvis Omoregie, Benin
Edo State deputy governor, Philip Shaibu, today, raised the alarm over an alleged assassination plot on some notable members of the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in the state ahead of the September 19 governorship election.
He made the allegation in Benin while addressing Journalists on the security situation of the state as it looks forward to the governorship election in few weeks from now.
Shaibu said it became imperative to notify the citizens of the state and the entire world of what the state is going through at the moment.
The deputy governor alleged that information from a reliable source has it that some group of persons have been imported into the state to eliminate some notable members of the PDP.
“It just to bring to the notice of Edo people and also to the entire country that we have intelligence that some individuals are in Edo State courtesy of the former National Chairman of APC and the names of these individuals and their mood of entering are communicated to the security agencies. And they have the information.
“Their assignment is to come and assassinate some known individuals in the state. I hereby bringing to the knowledge of the general public that these people are in town, we have communicated to the security agencies about their activities and why they are in town and also to use this medium to call on Mr. President to also call on the security agencies to do their work because Edo is not going to be a theatre of war and for us, we will continue to appeal to our people not to look for trouble, not to disrupt any programme, we are law abiding.
Shaibu said he has asked the PDP members not to take the laws into their own hands noting that the people of the state are law abiding citizens just as he said that the government has the sole responsibility of protecting the lives and property of its citizens.
“We have the duty to protect lives and property and that we will continue to do but just to bring to the entire nation and Edo State of the intention of these individuals and the police, the State Security Service have been communicated to them and the names of these individuals have also been communicated to the security agencies”, he said.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital