The Emir of Kano, His Royal Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II
has been appointed as one of the new Advocates for Sustainable Development
This is coming less than 24 hours after Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje announced the creation of four new Emirates in the state, thereby reducing the powers of Emir Sanusi.
United Nations (UN) Secretary General, António Guterres announced the appointment in a statement issued on Thursday in New York.
According to him, the appointment was sequel to the UN Member States agreement to accomplish the SDGs by 2030.
In the statement sighted by Igbere TV, the newly appointed Advocates are 17 influential public figures from around the world.
Their task, among others, is to promote the goals, raise awareness with new audiences, maintain global commitment and call for greater ambition and scalable action to achieve the SDGs objectives by 2030.
Sanusi is the only Nigerian on the 17-man list of SDGs Advocates co-Chaired by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo of Ghana and Prime Minister Erna Solberg of Norway.
Ogun Election Tribunal: Abiodun Never Admitted Irregularities in His Election
FULL LIST OF COMMISSIONERS AND SPECIAL ADVISERS APPOINTED BY GOVERNOR BABAJIDE SANWO-OLU
OUR PPP INITIATIVE YIELDING RESULTS, SAY GOV. ABIODUN
EFCC SEARCH: NO CAUSE FOR ALARM, SAYS AMBODE
TRANSACT WITHOUT BORDERS WITH THE FIRSTBANK VERVE GLOBAL CARD
Cover Of The Week
- France-Ghana Cooperation: Education, Higher Education and French language August 20, 2019
- Joint European Union (EU)-US Statement on Recent Electoral Violence in Montserrado County August 20, 2019
- UAE Embassy hosts roundtable meeting on tolerance in Ethiopia August 20, 2019
- Ghana Statistics visits Denmark to exchange knowhow on data collection August 20, 2019
- A pitstop on the road to climate resilience in Liberia August 20, 2019
- Deadly airstrikes and drone hits displace thousands of civilians in Libya oasis town August 20, 2019
- UNMISS-supported centre set to empower women in Wau August 20, 2019
- Wood-saving cookstoves are helping Zambia cut forest loss August 20, 2019
- Equatorial Guinea to build West Africa’s first Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) storage and regas plant August 20, 2019
- German Expertise is Behind West Africa’s First LNG Storage and Regasification Plant August 20, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others