By Adejuyigbe Olorunfemi
The Federal government of Nigeria and the labour congress would continue talks on Wednesday 16 of October, 2019; over the adjustment in minimum wage of workers and its implementation on the Nigerian workers. Saharaweeklyng.com reports
The negotiation process ended in a deadlock on the previous day, Tuesday in Abuja, where both the Government and labour has been in argument over the matter.
Rotimi Asugwuni, who is the leader of the labour team said deliberations will continue on Wednesday to smoothen all necessary edges concerning the matter. He said that the Federal government hasn’t shown too much commitment towards the issue.
According to reports, The Labour congress is asking for twenty nine per cent salary increase for officers on grade level seven to fourteen and twenty four per cent adjustment for officers on grade level fifteen to seventeen: While the Federal Government’s wants to offer eleven per cent for officers on grade level seven to fourteen and six point five per cent for workers of grade level fifteen to seventeen.
Earlier in April 2019, President Muhammadu Buhari had earlier approved and signed into law the bill of the minimum wage.
Cover Of The Week
- Nigeria: European Union (EU), UN concerned by increasing attacks against aid workers January 24, 2020
- Hand-Made Satellite!? January 24, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Mr. Raouf Mazou of the Republic of the Congo as Assistant High Commissioner for Operations, Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees January 24, 2020
- Mainstreaming Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Education sector January 24, 2020
- Return to Care Campaign (RTC) January 24, 2020
- Statement on behalf of independent World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont January 24, 2020
- Preparations underway for Africa Climate Week 2020 in Kampala January 24, 2020
- New Cooperation Agreement among East, Horn of Africa States address Overseas Worker Exploitation January 24, 2020
- Polio - Free Certification - The Africa Regional Certification Commission starts a verification exercise in South Sudan January 24, 2020
- Blitzboks keen to get on with things in Hamilton January 24, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria