General Farouk Yahaya Open Confession On Insecurity
Gen. Farouk Yahaya stated this when he paid a courtesy visit to his counterpart at Air Force, the Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Oladayo Amao, at the Nigerian Air Force Headquarters, Abuja.
According to him, the war against insurgency and armed banditry cannot be won by a single Service but rather, through a synergistic approach.
He added that the centrality of airpower to the success of the ongoing fight against insurgency, armed banditry, and other forms of criminality in the country is very key.
”The earlier we all recognized that no Service can do it alone, the better for us as armed forces and a Nation to surmount the current security challenges,” the COAS said.
The COAS stressed that he has always been an advocate of airpower employment as a critical requirement of a fighting force having witnessed its formidable influence in various theatres of operations.
On his part, the CAS, Amao congratulated the COAS on his appointment and urged him to sustain synergy of efforts by the Nigerian Army and the NAF, in conjunction with other security agencies to rid the country of all criminal activities.
Cover Of The Week
- The invisible crisis: WFP Chief appeals for the world not to look away as families starve in Madagascar June 23, 2021
- Gas Exporting Countries Forum (GECF) Secretary General to Attend African Energy Week 2021 June 23, 2021
- Signing Rivers State Contributory Health Protection Programme Bill into law - WHO Representative commends Governor for honouring pledge June 23, 2021
- WHO Supports the cholera vaccination campaign in Zambia's hot spot districts as the country accelerates its efforts to eliminate the deadly disease June 23, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (22 June 2021) June 23, 2021
- Tendai 'Beast' Mtawarira lined up to judge the Rugby Africa Media and Photography Awards June 23, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (22 June 2021) June 23, 2021
- Facebook Partners with Reuters to launch free online course for journalists June 23, 2021
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated formally opens the market at the London Stock Exchange after successfully listing its US$350 million Sustainability Bond on the LSE June 23, 2021
- An Oil and Gas Drive for Cape Town and Multi-Sectoral Growth June 23, 2021
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Rolls out Over 90 Prophetic Alerts For 2021