The Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi on Tuesday inaugurated four Permanent Secretaries in the State Civil service with a charge to them to uphold the tenets and doctrine of anonymity and neutrality.
The newly inaugurated Permanent Secretaries are Mr Samson Tayo Olauyi; Engr. Olugbenga Omoniyi Odesanmi, Dr Michael Ayodele Ibikunle and Mrs Titilayo Olariike Olayinka.
Dr Fayemi charged them to see their appointment as a call to service and an opportunity to be part of positive history in the State.
Dr. Fayemi who identified the civil service as the engine room upon which the five pillars of his administration is hinged, commended the leadership of the civil service in the state for their doggedness as evident in the collective efforts against the dreaded covid-19 pandemic.
The Governor reiterated his commitment to transparency in corporate governance, disclosing that his administration has consistently filled vacant position through an “open competitive process”.
He said: “the public service is the engine room of government with clear cut roles upon which the five cardinal agenda of this administration revolves, hence, the need to put in the necessary human machinery to drive the process.
“I have no doubt that your antecedents in the public service have paved ways for you to be worthy of this position. Of course since you were not selected via “Bet Naija” or “Baba Ijebu” lottery, I have no doubt that your meritorious qualifications would serve you well in office.
“In order to ensure competence and credible leadership for the civil service, this administration has consistently been filling all vacant position through an open competitive process.
This is to ensure that the best hands are appointed to promote the policies and programmes of government and enhance the performance of the service.
“As public servants you are agents of the people and you are expected to play your part in the development of the State, you are expected to conform to the principles of the public service in the discharge of your duties, you should ensure discipline is professionally injected into the civil service.”
The Governor stressed the need to examine new ways of responding to future challenges of the civil service in the “new normal”. He also announced the restructuring of some Ministries, Department and Agencies (MDAs) in the State. This, he said was to ensure “professionalism, inclusiveness and dynamism in the civil service” and to enhance efficiency in driving the developmental agenda anchored on the five pillars of his administration.
Dr Fayemi used the occasion to appreciate officers who recently retired from the civil service in line with the extant public service rules wishing them best in their future endeavours.
The brief event was attended by the Speaker of House of Assembly, Rt Hon Funminiyi Afuye; Deputy Speaker, Hon Hakeem Jamiu; Head of Service Mrs Peju Babafemi; Chief of Staff, Hon Biodun Omoleye, Members of the State House of Assembly and members of the State Executive Councils.
Cover Of The Week
- President Infantino reiterates FIFA's commitment to African football November 26, 2021
- 32 Somali Migrants Assisted to Return Safely from Libya November 26, 2021
- Empowering Communities to Reduce Household Air Pollution November 26, 2021
- MFA Nasser Bourita Holds Talks with Sierra Leonean Counterpart November 26, 2021
- Transforming Africa's Agrifood Systems Requires Coordinated Policies Across Sectors November 26, 2021
- WHO Urges Caution over Travel Bans linked to New COVID-19 variant November 26, 2021
- World Prematurity Day Commemoration-Nigeria sets Additional Standards for Newborn Care November 26, 2021
- Nuclear Technology Imbizo 2021 announced in South Africa November 26, 2021
- Employment and Labour closes government building due to safety issues November 26, 2021
- U.S.-Africa Partnership Key to Determining Africa's Energy Future November 26, 2021
Entertainment6 months ago
NOLLYWOOD STAR, ADEOLA ADELOWOTAN DENIES MARRIAGE BREAK-UP
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
DR CHRIS OKAFOR’S CONDOLENCE MESSAGE ON THE DEATH OF PASTOR DARE ADEBOYE
celebrity radar - gossips7 months ago
Pro. Jeremiah Blows Hot From Prison
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
500m women, girls lack adequate facilities for menstrual hygiene management globally – Foundation