The Chief Executive of FCMB, Mr. Ladi Balogun, explained that the launch of Flexx is as much a statement of substance as it is one of intent. ‘’The platform we are creating through Flexx will be both a community and a channel to bring the best of opportunities to our youth. While our primary objective is to encourage savings and the use of digital channels in banking, we are doing this in an exciting and highly rewarding manner to our customers within the target segment’’, he stated.
Speaking at the launch event, the Divisional Head, Retail Banking of FCMB, Mr. Olu Akanmu, said that the Flexx account, which is a level 2 KYC account is simple, easy to open and can be operated with minimal documentation. He stated that all what is required to open the account is a passport photograph, School or National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) identity card or any document showing that he/she is enrolled for the current academic year.
Mr. Akanmu listed the features of the account to include being zero COT, no monthly maintenance fee, allows for third party deposit up to the tune of N50,000. Holders of the Flexx account would also enjoy an array of benefits. These include issuance of a Flexx branded debit card and customer reward programmes (promo, bursary award, discounts, invitation to entrepreneurial and skills development workshops, career advisory, social media engagements, entertainment etc). Account holders will also have access to internet banking and a unique mobile app giving an enhanced experience and unparalleled convenience.
On her part, the Group Head, Corporate Communications/Youth & Diaspora Segment of the Bank, Uchenna Mojekwu, explained that the selection of Tolulope Balogun as the face of the FCMB Flexx is a demonstration of the commitment of FCMB to empower youths. “Tolulope is a talented youth who won last year’s edition of the Dare2Dream project organised in partnership with Kinabuti. The project is about empowerment which forms part of our Corporate Social Responsibility pillars with the mantra, “teach a man how to fish”. Tolulope won the contest and emerged as our brand ambassador due to the several skills she showcased. She further demonstrated this recently by emerging the winner of the 2015 Fashion Crowd Challenge (FCC) in the modeling segment and will be going to Shangai, China to attend the International FCC. Tolulope continues to strive to live her dream of becoming an international fashion icon and we are excited to have played an integral role in her life.”
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Limited is a member of FCMB Group Plc, which is one of the leading financial services institutions in Nigeria with subsidiaries that are market leaders in their respective segments. Having successfully transformed to a retail and commercial banking-led group, FCMB expects to continue to distinguish itself by delivering exceptional customer experience, while empowering its customers to achieve their aspirations.
See more photos:
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS