The Chief Executive of FCMB, Mr. Ladi Balogun, explained that the launch of Flexx is as much a statement of substance as it is one of intent. ‘’The platform we are creating through Flexx will be both a community and a channel to bring the best of opportunities to our youth. While our primary objective is to encourage savings and the use of digital channels in banking, we are doing this in an exciting and highly rewarding manner to our customers within the target segment’’, he stated.
Speaking at the launch event, the Divisional Head, Retail Banking of FCMB, Mr. Olu Akanmu, said that the Flexx account, which is a level 2 KYC account is simple, easy to open and can be operated with minimal documentation. He stated that all what is required to open the account is a passport photograph, School or National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) identity card or any document showing that he/she is enrolled for the current academic year.
Mr. Akanmu listed the features of the account to include being zero COT, no monthly maintenance fee, allows for third party deposit up to the tune of N50,000. Holders of the Flexx account would also enjoy an array of benefits. These include issuance of a Flexx branded debit card and customer reward programmes (promo, bursary award, discounts, invitation to entrepreneurial and skills development workshops, career advisory, social media engagements, entertainment etc). Account holders will also have access to internet banking and a unique mobile app giving an enhanced experience and unparalleled convenience.
On her part, the Group Head, Corporate Communications/Youth & Diaspora Segment of the Bank, Uchenna Mojekwu, explained that the selection of Tolulope Balogun as the face of the FCMB Flexx is a demonstration of the commitment of FCMB to empower youths. “Tolulope is a talented youth who won last year’s edition of the Dare2Dream project organised in partnership with Kinabuti. The project is about empowerment which forms part of our Corporate Social Responsibility pillars with the mantra, “teach a man how to fish”. Tolulope won the contest and emerged as our brand ambassador due to the several skills she showcased. She further demonstrated this recently by emerging the winner of the 2015 Fashion Crowd Challenge (FCC) in the modeling segment and will be going to Shangai, China to attend the International FCC. Tolulope continues to strive to live her dream of becoming an international fashion icon and we are excited to have played an integral role in her life.”
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Limited is a member of FCMB Group Plc, which is one of the leading financial services institutions in Nigeria with subsidiaries that are market leaders in their respective segments. Having successfully transformed to a retail and commercial banking-led group, FCMB expects to continue to distinguish itself by delivering exceptional customer experience, while empowering its customers to achieve their aspirations.
See more photos:
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship