Palpable fear has engulfed different section of the country over fear of possible attacks after the announcement of election result.
Sahara Weekly’s check revealed that most Nigrians are scared of the impossiblity while they await election result today. We reliably gathered that most traders at Ladipo market and other popular shops in Lagos are scanty as traders and buyers avoided the place like a plague. Some of the people we spoke with espressed their fears that until the election results are announced, they will not open for operation. A trader also informed us that his prospective client called him too and said he cant come to pick the goods he ordered for until he is sure all his well after the election results have been announced.
Also, a drive round town in most cities revealed that the usual busy road is a shadow of its self as most workers and motorists have deserted major roads across the country. A trip to the busy abbattoir area in Lagos revealed that the place is like a ghost of itself as both traders and customers abandoned the place.
We also confirmed that civil servants are scared of going to work. Just yesterday, there was confusion in the Lagos State Government secretariat ,Alausa in Ikeja Lagos as large numbers of civil servants abandoned their work and fled the secretariat. We learnt they panicked over alleged information of possible attack once the results have been announced. We confirmed that as early as 12pm, workers had started fleeing Alausa.
Information available to us revealed that most of them are jittery over allegations that political parties at the losing end might forment trouble after the declaration of election result.
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FIRSTBANK AGRIC EXPO SET TO PROMOTE NEW AGRIBUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
Dino Melaye Reacts As Tribunal Sacks Him As Senator. “ No Cause For Alarm”
PSN urged federal government to set up presidential committee on drug distribution
Cover Of The Week
- Torrential rains destroy shelters for displaced people in northeast Nigeria August 23, 2019
- African Women Dialogue Across Generations August 23, 2019
- The launch meeting of Gavi’s third replenishment August 23, 2019
- World Health Organization (WHO) supports Cross River State in administering polio vaccines to Cameroonian refugees August 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Rwanda and Uganda August 23, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov meets the Deputy Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of Egypt Abir Alam Eldin August 23, 2019
- Somalia security remains a concern, head of UN Mission warns Security Council August 22, 2019
- WHO and Africa CDC agree on joint actions to improve health security in Africa August 22, 2019
- Restoring people’s trust in medical facilities an essential prescription for achieving universal health coverage August 22, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Sudan August 22, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others