Palpable fear has engulfed different section of the country over fear of possible attacks after the announcement of election result.
Sahara Weekly’s check revealed that most Nigrians are scared of the impossiblity while they await election result today. We reliably gathered that most traders at Ladipo market and other popular shops in Lagos are scanty as traders and buyers avoided the place like a plague. Some of the people we spoke with espressed their fears that until the election results are announced, they will not open for operation. A trader also informed us that his prospective client called him too and said he cant come to pick the goods he ordered for until he is sure all his well after the election results have been announced.
Also, a drive round town in most cities revealed that the usual busy road is a shadow of its self as most workers and motorists have deserted major roads across the country. A trip to the busy abbattoir area in Lagos revealed that the place is like a ghost of itself as both traders and customers abandoned the place.
We also confirmed that civil servants are scared of going to work. Just yesterday, there was confusion in the Lagos State Government secretariat ,Alausa in Ikeja Lagos as large numbers of civil servants abandoned their work and fled the secretariat. We learnt they panicked over alleged information of possible attack once the results have been announced. We confirmed that as early as 12pm, workers had started fleeing Alausa.
Information available to us revealed that most of them are jittery over allegations that political parties at the losing end might forment trouble after the declaration of election result.
Cover Of The Week
- European Investment Bank and UNICEF partner to help improve access to quality education and protect children from climate change January 27, 2020
- Handover ceremony of Japanese-Funded project “The Project for Improvement for the Educational Environment at Manhanga Primary School in Kariba District” January 27, 2020
- Blitzboks in recovery mode with Sydney looming January 27, 2020
- The U.S. Government and Federal Government of Somalia announce a New Effort to Promote Youth Workforce Development January 27, 2020
- The East African Community (EAC) - Business and Investment Forum – 12-13 March 2020, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania January 27, 2020
- Global Actors gather to forge a common front against Illicit Trade January 27, 2020
- United Nations (UN) Report Urges Accountability for Libya Airstrike Deaths January 27, 2020
- Equatorial Guinea joins support to Saudi Arabia’s readiness to react to Coronavirus’ impact on oil market January 27, 2020
- United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) Statement on continued violations of arms embargo in Libya January 27, 2020
- Rugby Union returns to Nigerian National Sports Festival January 27, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria