First Bank Appoints Shobo MD/CEO, Adeduntan Retires
The Board of Directors of First Bank of Nigeria Limited has approved the appointment of Mr. Gbenga Shobo as its Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), effective today (Wednesday).
Until the appointment, Shobo was the bank’s Deputy Managing Director. Shobo succeeds Mr. Adesola Adeduntan, who will be leaving the financial institution in accordance with its term limits for Chief Executives, after leading the bank since January 2016.
According to a statement, the appointment is subject to regulatory approval.
Also appointed was Abdullahi Ibrahim as Deputy Managing Director, while Mr. Ini Ebong, Mr. Segun Alebiosu, Mr. Seyi Oyefeso and Mrs. Bashirat Odunewu, were also appointed as Executive Directors.
Similarly, their appointments are also subject to regulatory approvals.
Commenting on the appointment, the Chairman, First Bank, Mrs. Ibukun Awosika said: “We are proud to announce Gbenga Shobo as our new MD/CEO. His appointment has proven the resilience of our succession planning mechanisms and the value we place on our long-standing corporate governance practices, which underpins the institution’s enduring sustainability and the 127-year legacy.
“I would like to thank Sola for his dedication and efforts during his helm at the bank, and before as Chief Finance Officer. The board and I are grateful for his leadership of the bank over the last five years and a half and believe that the strong foundation created during his term would provide an excellent basis for our continued success. We wish him well in his future endeavours outside the FirstBank Group.”
The statement explained that Shobo has had a successful career in the bank and elsewhere, culminating in his appointment as Deputy Managing Director. In 2016, prior to his appointment as Deputy Managing Director, he was the Executive Director overseeing the Retail Banking/Public Sector businesses in the Lagos & West Directorate and was hitherto the Executive Director overseeing the Retail Business in the South Directorate.
Cover Of The Week
- AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative May 17, 2021
- Basketball Africa League and Flutterwave Announce Multiyear Partnership May 17, 2021
- Kyrgyz Republic's Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) Sector to Benefit from International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation's (ITFC) US $4 Million Line of Trade Financing Facility May 17, 2021
- Invest Africa and Absa Group announce strategic collaboration May 17, 2021
- The Canada-Africa Chamber of Business welcomes Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard to its Senior Advisory Board May 17, 2021
- Hamburg's German African Energy Forum to jumpstart Africa's Economic Transformation May 17, 2021
- Photo News Release: Call For Entries - Rugby Africa's Inaugural Media & Photography Awards May 17, 2021
- Patriots rally to defeat Rivers Hoopers in Opener of Basketball Africa League May 17, 2021
- Call For Entries: Rugby Africa's Inaugural Media & Photography Awards May 17, 2021
- Ministry of Primary Education of the Republic of Cameroon will receive 1 mln licenses of Russian MyOffice software May 17, 2021
Politics6 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion5 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics6 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?