First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s premier and leading financial institution has announced that the third edition of its Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) week is billed for 1 – 6 July 2019 in the six geopolitical zones of the country and the Bank’s business locations in Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Senegal, Sierra Leone, DR Congo and The United Kingdom. The 2019 edition is themed Ripples of Kindness, Putting You First.
The CR&S week is driven to amplify the Bank’s culture of “Employee Giving & Volunteering Programme” with a focus on reinforcing the values of the Bank’s SPARK (Start Performing Acts of Random Kindness) initiative through a wide range of strategically designed activities. SPARK is a values-based initiative designed to raise consciousness that promote kindness to one another.
Amongst the activities to be carried out in the course of the week is the Nice Comments Day; a day set aside to foster words of encouragement, support and kindness to people around you, regardless of ones’ familiarity or close ties. The Bank recognises that kind words are largely instrumental to lighting up one’s day and also bringing out the best in one.
Other activities in the course of the FirstBank CR&S week are visits to the less privileged homes as well as the promotion of the SPARK initiative in schools. The objective of theSPARK initiative in schools is to embed the values of SPARK amongst school children at a young age so it becomes part and parcel of them, forming a habit and nature as they develop into adulthood.
Through the values of the SPARK initiative – Compassion, Civility, Charity and Connection – , the Bank believes that every act of kindness is critical to promoting a peaceful co-existence amongst everyone in the society and building a prosperous society and nation at large.
Speaking on the Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Week 2019, the Group Head, Marketing and Corporate Communications of FirstBank, Folake Ani-Mumuney, said “Our 2019 CR&S week is aimed at reinforcing FirstBank’s corporate culture of encouraging giving and volunteering among its employees and the larger society. We believe that every act of kindness goes a long way in leaving an indelible impact in the life of people which indeed underscores why it is important for everyone to Start Performing Act of Random Kindness. No matter how little, every act of kindness indeed makes the world a better place.
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Alleged Youngest Billionaire, Tunde Biletiri challenges Huspuppi, Mompha
OGUN REMAINS BEST DESTINATION FOR INVESTORS- ABIODUN
Cover Of The Week
- Restoring cassava farming in Rwanda September 16, 2019
- Restoring Zimbabwe’s Livelihoods, Infrastructure After Cyclone Idai September 16, 2019
- Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellowship - Visit of Mr Paul Mashatile, Treasurer-General of the African National Congress, Republic of South Africa, 17 to 24 Sep 2019 September 16, 2019
- Merck Foundation provides their first ‘Health Media Training’ in partnership with the First Lady of Zimbabwe September 16, 2019
- U.S. Applauds Janneh Commission Report Release, Pledges to Support Recovery of “Ill-Gotten Gains” September 16, 2019
- Equatorial Guinea’s local services companies continue to attract best international partnerships September 16, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 16, 2019
- Kenya rolls out landmark malaria vaccine introduction September 16, 2019
- Energy Exec Says New Book Billions at Play, Provides Solutions for African Energy Self-Sufficiency September 16, 2019
- Mixed-use is the key to funding hotel development in Africa September 16, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS