First Bank of Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s premier and leading financial institution has announced that the third edition of its Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) week is billed for 1 – 6 July 2019 in the six geopolitical zones of the country and the Bank’s business locations in Ghana, Gambia, Guinea, Senegal, Sierra Leone, DR Congo and The United Kingdom. The 2019 edition is themed Ripples of Kindness, Putting You First.
The CR&S week is driven to amplify the Bank’s culture of “Employee Giving & Volunteering Programme” with a focus on reinforcing the values of the Bank’s SPARK (Start Performing Acts of Random Kindness) initiative through a wide range of strategically designed activities. SPARK is a values-based initiative designed to raise consciousness that promote kindness to one another.
Amongst the activities to be carried out in the course of the week is the Nice Comments Day; a day set aside to foster words of encouragement, support and kindness to people around you, regardless of ones’ familiarity or close ties. The Bank recognises that kind words are largely instrumental to lighting up one’s day and also bringing out the best in one.
Other activities in the course of the FirstBank CR&S week are visits to the less privileged homes as well as the promotion of the SPARK initiative in schools. The objective of theSPARK initiative in schools is to embed the values of SPARK amongst school children at a young age so it becomes part and parcel of them, forming a habit and nature as they develop into adulthood.
Through the values of the SPARK initiative – Compassion, Civility, Charity and Connection – , the Bank believes that every act of kindness is critical to promoting a peaceful co-existence amongst everyone in the society and building a prosperous society and nation at large.
Speaking on the Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability (CR&S) Week 2019, the Group Head, Marketing and Corporate Communications of FirstBank, Folake Ani-Mumuney, said “Our 2019 CR&S week is aimed at reinforcing FirstBank’s corporate culture of encouraging giving and volunteering among its employees and the larger society. We believe that every act of kindness goes a long way in leaving an indelible impact in the life of people which indeed underscores why it is important for everyone to Start Performing Act of Random Kindness. No matter how little, every act of kindness indeed makes the world a better place.
Cover Of The Week
- The First round of Working Group Meeting of the Japan Nigeria Business Facilitation Council (JNBFC) held in Lagos February 28, 2020
- “Migration is Key to the Development of the Region,” The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General Emphasizes During First Visit to the Sahel and Senegal February 28, 2020
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) welcomes €17 million contribution from Germany to combat the impact of the Desert Locust upsurge in East Africa February 28, 2020
- Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo pays state visit to Switzerland February 28, 2020
- EG LNG Celebrates the Loading of its 700th Cargo February 28, 2020
- United States to Provide $30.4 Million to Support Democratic Elections in Ethiopia February 28, 2020
- Dry replaces injured Visser at HSBC Los Angeles Sevens February 28, 2020
- Guinness PRO14 pressure continues to rise for South Africa (SA) teams February 28, 2020
- Orange and SES team up on O3b mPOWER Communications System and open a New Era for Satellite Connectivity Innovation February 28, 2020
- Hackathon Workshop February 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports7 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship