The Nigeria Police have arrested the remaining two persons involved in the dehumanizing treatment of a female citizen in a viral video making the rounds since Wednesday, 22nd July, 2020, bringing the total number of persons now in police custody to four.
The two additional persons arrested are CPL Aiyedun Akeem and one Ope Owoeye – the civilian accomplice popularly known as ‘Wyclef’. Recall that ASP Tijani Olatunji and Inspr Gboyega were earlier arrested for their involvement in the case.
Investigation is still ongoing after which the Force internal disciplinary procedures will commence for the officers.
Meanwhile, Police Detectives from the State CID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos have established contact with the victim with assurances that justice will not only be done but will be seen to have been manifestly done.
DCP FRANK MBA
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: Anticipatory action for COVID-19: building the systems that protect livelihoods throughout a pandemic August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (6 august 2020) August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 Update (6 August 2020) August 6, 2020
- Ecobank Group announces the 2020 Fintech Challenge Finalists August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (5th August 2020) August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ghana: 567 new cases were reported on August 3, 2020 August 6, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 Update 5th August 2020 August 6, 2020
- SA Rugby welcomes news on resumption of playing August 6, 2020
- Climate financing by leading multilateral development banks tops $61.6 billion August 6, 2020
- WHO ramps up COVID-19 support to hotspot countries in Africa August 6, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries