Ogun State House of Assembly has acknowledged a correspondence from the State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun proposing an amendment to the State Parks and Garages Development Agency Bill.
The Speaker, Rt. Hon. Olakunle Oluomo who read the Governor’s letter dated 2nd September, 2020 before the lawmakers at the plenary held at the Assembly Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, forwarded the proposed amendment to the House Committee on Transportation for further legislative actions.
Also at the plenary, a member representing Abeokuta North State Constituency, Hon. Modupe Mujota submitted a petition from the residents of Ipaya/Akintunde Communities in Idi-Emi on the need for the reconstruction of the two access bridges linking the communities, which were washed away recently by flood.
Responding, Oluomo directed the petition to the Committees on Transportation and Environment to examine the petitions with a view to addressing all issues raised by the concerned residents.
In another development, the State House of Assembly played host to the National Executive members of the Tricycle Owners Association of Nigeria led by its National President, Comrade Augustine Agbo Apeh, with a task to them to engage the State Ministry of Transportation on how to carry out their operation in the State.
Oluomo who reiterated that the State remained open to synergy and working relationship with law abiding unions and associations in all sectors of the State’s economy, pointed out that the State already had two tricycle unions in operations.
In his remarks, Comrade Augustine Agbo Apeh noted that the visit was to partner with the Assembly with a view to adding more value to tricycle operations and its management in the State, assuring that the union was ready to work together with related unions in the State.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital