…Rewards Nigerians for “National Pledge” pidgin recitation
Heritage bank Plc, Nigeria’s Most Innovative Banking Service provider joins the nation to celebrate Nigeria’s 60th independence anniversary.
In a bid to commemorate the independence and inculcate patriotic spirit in the citizens on the importance to reflect on the past, what led them here and the bright future that awaits Nigerians, Heritage Bank has rolled out couple of activities in achieving this feat.
The bank slated an online competition for customers to make videos recitation of them presenting the “National Pledge” in Pidgin English and the four best videos will be rewarded with total cash prize of N1million. Also, staff of the bank was not left out in the celebration; they are expected to recite the pledge in all their different units and Experience Centres, doing it in front of the national flag, whilst they wear clothes with touch of green to office for certain period of time.
In a statement confirming the significance of reciting the National Pledge in Pidgin English and the need to reward loyalty to the country, the Divisional Head, Corporate Communications, Fela Ibidapo affirmed that as a bank that places much importance and value on our national heritage, “we want to remind Nigerians of their loyalty and commitment to the nation; thereby imbibe the patriotic spirit in citizens that despite the challenges, it has been 60years of dignity and pride as individuals, who together, make up this great country called Nigeria.”
According to him, reciting the National Pledge in pidgin language will help invoke in every individual their national pride of love, devotion and sense of attachment to our fathers’ land and alliance with every citizen who share same sentiment. This attachment could be combination of different feelings relating to the country in terms of socio-cultural, ethnic, political and historical interests.
He reiterated, “We are not just excited, but we are also reflecting on what our commitment as individuals has been to our great country Nigeria. Looking inwards at our journey over the last 60years, we believe as an institution that this is the best time to reflect on the National Pledge and what it means to us as a Nation.
To this end, Heritage Bank is championing the movement to keep our commitment as a nation by reciting the National Pledge.”
He further explained, “In a bid to achieve this, we require Nigerians, including customers and non-customers to make one-minute videos for cash rewards, whilst staff to make a one-minute video of their teams reciting the National Pledge in either English language or any of the Nigerian languages.”
Cover Of The Week
- Merck Foundation announces the winners of “Stay at Home” Media Recognition Awards 2020 for Democratic Republic of the Congo October 27, 2020
- WHO Africa Online Press Briefing on COVID-19 in Africa October 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Egypt: “Our Story; Youth, Migration and Covid-19” Campaign October 27, 2020
- Somalia Scales up Social Protection Measures as COVID-19 Constrains Economic Growth October 27, 2020
- African Development Bank, partners, announce new Women in Ethics and Compliance in Africa initiative October 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (26 October 2020) October 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (26 October 2020) October 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: Minister of Health Lizzie Nkosi's COVID-19 update on 26 October 2020 October 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (26 October 2020) October 27, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (26 October 2020) October 27, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro2 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports2 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital