By Ifeoma ikem
Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana,Ambassador Olufemi Michael Abikoye has urged Nigeria’s to
join hand in the journey of rebuilding our nation as we move to the next level of change
He also applaud President Muhammad Buhari for managing the economy well and tackling corruption in Nigeria
Speaking at an event to mark the 59th Independence Anniversary of Nigeria in Accra, the High Commissioner disclosed that President Buhari has done so much to reduce corruption in Nigeria and has taken the economy to the next level.
The Ambassador also commended the efforts president in liberating Nigerians from the shackles of poverty to prosperity thorough his economic policies.
Appraising the economy under the present administration, Abikpye said the Federal Government is doing well in stimulating the economy. According to him, the nation’s economy has witnessed a steady growth adding that “our GDP is expected to grow by 2.7 percent this year while our external reserves have risen to $45 billion”
He said the feat couldn’t have been achieved without a good leadership .In his words: “There is no doubt that President Buhari’s administration is laying the foundation and taking bold steps in transforming our economy and liberating our people from the shackles of poverty to prosperity. This is through enhanced domestic production of basic goods along value-chain and reduction of reliance on imported goods”
He disclosed that the President Buhari-led administration has continued to work to reduce social and economic inequality through targeted social investment programmes, education, technology, and improved information.
He explains further: “cumulatively, nearly two million beneficiaries have received aid under these programmes apart from Anchor’s borrower progmramme and school feeding initiative each reaching two million recipients”
Ambassador Abikoye said that the Federal Government is poised to do much more adding” in the next four years, the Nigerian government is more than ever committed to implement transformation plans in social and physical infrastructure, food security and manufacturing sector”
Speaking on security, Abikoye said it is a thing of joy that the principal thrust of President Buhari’s administration in his second term of office is to consolidate on the achievements of the last four years and tackle the new challenges the country may be faced with and chat a bold plan for transforming Nigeria.
To Nigerians living in Ghana, he reminded them that nation building is a process and not an event. According to him, nation building takes time to mature. stressing we should heed the invitation and clarion call of our dear President to join him in the journey of rebuilding our nation as we move to the next level of change from poverty to prosperity
On Nigeria- Ghana relations, the High Commissioner said subsisting excellent bilateral relations between the two countries remain cordial.
The Ambassador notes that while the gains from these relations are growing in bounds by the day and in spheres of human endeavour, he believes that the two countries can still do more.
The High Commissioner thanked the President of Ghana, Nana Akufo-Addo, the government and people of Ghana for their love towards the Nigerian community in Ghana and the High Commission, adding that the brotherly love should continue.
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship