By Ifeoma Ikem
The Peoples Democratic Party’s candidate for the House of Representatives election in Ajetomi-Ifelodun Federal Constituency, Lagos State, Rita Orji, has told INEC to declared her winner of April 15 election.
Hon Rita who emerges with highest margin of votes has insited that she won in the re-scheduled February 23, 2019 Presidential and National Assembly poll .
She expressed readiness to approach the court to call for an injunction and the release of electoral materials used during the election. She made the remarks while reacting to a media report published in one of the National Dailies where it was claimed that the election has been declared inconclusive.
Orji, while dismissing the newspaper report, maintained, “We hope to clear this assumption which isn’t from us that the lead from the result sheets we had from polling units from all wards stamped by INEC and signed by party agents showed a clear lead with high margin and this is after alterations have been done in various wards and polling units. Yet,the candidate of the PDP, Orji still won with such margin. (Evidence are available from result sheets issued our party agents on the field).
However, “it was said that my opponent and candidate of ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Kolawole Taiwo, a three-term member of Lagos State House of Assembly, claims there are still over 43,000 votes yet to be counted before the collation was stopped. This claim we find malicious and preposterous. “There isn’t any evidence to back this up. Can he provide the polling units and ward that makes up this 43,000 votes they claim or where was it gotten from? Also if they say elections were stopped and that outrageous figures were not counted, why wasn’t the counting continued if that were to be the case as alleged by them? (Rivers is a clear case of an election count been stopped and continued at a set date.
Also if i may ask, were elections not held for senate and president on the same day and time? Why weren’t those other elections declared inconclusive and result produced for these same places they claimed a rerun should be held? Lies tarry for a while, let him provide the units and then we will respond with the results, they must make sure that electoral materials are intact to prove the winner not assumptions.
We find the report alarming to say that the commission had called for a stakeholders’ meeting in the area to determine whether a supplementary election should be conducted or the remaining result be declared. “Who are the said stakeholders? Is this in any way according to the electoral act? How can the commission ask that and where did they get such information? We didn’t get any invitation of such. “Now the glaring fact from this statement shows that there are already declared results and the rest is in their possession and been withheld from been declaring.
We wish to ask the following questions, on what ground was the election declared inconclusive? Weren’t result issues for those wards that were withheld by the electoral officer. Why weren’t they declared? “It shows that the conduct of those in charge of the election held on the 23rd of February 2019 were in clear violation of what the Electoral Act 2010 stipulates and also shows some form of conspiracy between the ruling party and INEC.
The court ruling and judgment given by the High Court in Abuja mandating INEC to declare the result is a clear vindication upon the presentation of evidence as regards this case and we hope they carry out this verdict and in good fate. “We are ready to head to the court to call for an injunction and the release of electoral materials used during the election for our analysis and perusal in making our case if the need to prove that we won the election and was the clear choice of the people.
The election in Ajeromi-Ifelodun was heavily monitored and we are ready with any evidence needed. We are not in for propaganda, they should provide facts and figure to their claims and declare the results polling units by polling units and announce the winner as directed by the court
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others