It is no longer a news that Abubakar Audu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the November 21 governorship election of Kogi state, is dead.
Audu reportedly died after suffering stroke on two different occasions on Sunday. Audu, who was said to have complained of stomach cramps before going to bed Saturday night, suffered a stroke around 9am on Sunday. The source added that he suffered the second stroke after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the election inconclusive.Although Audu who polled 240,867votes was leading with the incumbent Governor Idris Wada,of the PDP who garnered 199,514votes.The returning officer,Prof. Emmanuel Kucha, announced the development at the INEC headquarters in the state, saying the margin between the two leading candidates is less than the number of the cancelled votes. Kucha gave the number of cancelled votes as 49,953 and the margin between Abubakar Audu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Idris Wada, the incumbent governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic party (PDP), as 41,353.
According to the National Enquirer, family sources told them Prince Abubakar Audu’s health predicament began yesterday when he was said to have complained of stomach cramps before going to bed.
He complained of stomach cramps last night, Saturday, November, 21st, 2015 and we
all thought it’s something normal owing to the stress of the forthcoming election, but he went to bed and nothing happened”, the source told National Enquirer.
We gathered reliably that trouble started however when Prince Audu woke up this morning looking very pale and jittery, he subsequently suffered stroke this morning around 9am but was slightly okay and was able to manage his health to the polling booth where he got accredited and later voted.
The source told National Enquirer that, the politician who was said to be 72 years old had been so anxious about the outcome of the election so much so that, he kept compelling his aides to get feedbacks from all LGs and by all possible means.
Later in the afternoon, after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the election inconclusive, Audu suffered another stroke and when people around him sensed that, it was getting out of hand, they decided to rush him to Abuja for necessary medical attention in a bid to save his life “by fire by force” and it was on their way to Abuja that he died of cardiac arrest.
It would be recalled that, the politician had faced tough and stringent criticism over his candidacy as the APC guber aspirant for the Kogi 2015 election with so many groups kicking against his candidature and even integrity due to the account of his last stewardship.
Meanwhile, he will be buried this morning according to Muslim rites.
His opponent at the polls, Idris Wada who is the incumbent governor of the state has declared seven days mourning for the late Audu.
The 72 year old is survived by wives and children. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
However, it was discovered that the family wanted to keep his death secret before it got to the reach of the masses. When he was contacted, this were his word “I am in Abuja with Philip who handles APC social media. He called his son, Mustapha Audu who confirmed it but pleaded to keep it secret for now.”
Cover Of The Week
- The First round of Working Group Meeting of the Japan Nigeria Business Facilitation Council (JNBFC) held in Lagos February 28, 2020
- “Migration is Key to the Development of the Region,” The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Director General Emphasizes During First Visit to the Sahel and Senegal February 28, 2020
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) welcomes €17 million contribution from Germany to combat the impact of the Desert Locust upsurge in East Africa February 28, 2020
- Ghanaian President Nana Akufo-Addo pays state visit to Switzerland February 28, 2020
- EG LNG Celebrates the Loading of its 700th Cargo February 28, 2020
- United States to Provide $30.4 Million to Support Democratic Elections in Ethiopia February 28, 2020
- Dry replaces injured Visser at HSBC Los Angeles Sevens February 28, 2020
- Guinness PRO14 pressure continues to rise for South Africa (SA) teams February 28, 2020
- Orange and SES team up on O3b mPOWER Communications System and open a New Era for Satellite Connectivity Innovation February 28, 2020
- Hackathon Workshop February 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports7 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship