It is no longer a news that Abubakar Audu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the November 21 governorship election of Kogi state, is dead.
Audu reportedly died after suffering stroke on two different occasions on Sunday. Audu, who was said to have complained of stomach cramps before going to bed Saturday night, suffered a stroke around 9am on Sunday. The source added that he suffered the second stroke after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the election inconclusive.Although Audu who polled 240,867votes was leading with the incumbent Governor Idris Wada,of the PDP who garnered 199,514votes.The returning officer,Prof. Emmanuel Kucha, announced the development at the INEC headquarters in the state, saying the margin between the two leading candidates is less than the number of the cancelled votes. Kucha gave the number of cancelled votes as 49,953 and the margin between Abubakar Audu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and Idris Wada, the incumbent governor and candidate of the Peoples Democratic party (PDP), as 41,353.
According to the National Enquirer, family sources told them Prince Abubakar Audu’s health predicament began yesterday when he was said to have complained of stomach cramps before going to bed.
He complained of stomach cramps last night, Saturday, November, 21st, 2015 and we
all thought it’s something normal owing to the stress of the forthcoming election, but he went to bed and nothing happened”, the source told National Enquirer.
We gathered reliably that trouble started however when Prince Audu woke up this morning looking very pale and jittery, he subsequently suffered stroke this morning around 9am but was slightly okay and was able to manage his health to the polling booth where he got accredited and later voted.
The source told National Enquirer that, the politician who was said to be 72 years old had been so anxious about the outcome of the election so much so that, he kept compelling his aides to get feedbacks from all LGs and by all possible means.
Later in the afternoon, after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the election inconclusive, Audu suffered another stroke and when people around him sensed that, it was getting out of hand, they decided to rush him to Abuja for necessary medical attention in a bid to save his life “by fire by force” and it was on their way to Abuja that he died of cardiac arrest.
It would be recalled that, the politician had faced tough and stringent criticism over his candidacy as the APC guber aspirant for the Kogi 2015 election with so many groups kicking against his candidature and even integrity due to the account of his last stewardship.
Meanwhile, he will be buried this morning according to Muslim rites.
His opponent at the polls, Idris Wada who is the incumbent governor of the state has declared seven days mourning for the late Audu.
The 72 year old is survived by wives and children. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
However, it was discovered that the family wanted to keep his death secret before it got to the reach of the masses. When he was contacted, this were his word “I am in Abuja with Philip who handles APC social media. He called his son, Mustapha Audu who confirmed it but pleaded to keep it secret for now.”
‘ Mr and Miss Nigeria 2019 will be of global standard’ – CEO, Amb. Brendan Nsikakis
Adedas boss picks three laurels
ALL SET AS LAGOS AWAITS ZENITH BANK’S ASPIRE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Alleged Youngest Billionaire, Tunde Biletiri challenges Huspuppi, Mompha
OGUN REMAINS BEST DESTINATION FOR INVESTORS- ABIODUN
Cover Of The Week
- Restoring cassava farming in Rwanda September 16, 2019
- Restoring Zimbabwe’s Livelihoods, Infrastructure After Cyclone Idai September 16, 2019
- Lee Kuan Yew Exchange Fellowship - Visit of Mr Paul Mashatile, Treasurer-General of the African National Congress, Republic of South Africa, 17 to 24 Sep 2019 September 16, 2019
- Merck Foundation provides their first ‘Health Media Training’ in partnership with the First Lady of Zimbabwe September 16, 2019
- U.S. Applauds Janneh Commission Report Release, Pledges to Support Recovery of “Ill-Gotten Gains” September 16, 2019
- Equatorial Guinea’s local services companies continue to attract best international partnerships September 16, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on Recent Attack on Humanitarian Workers in Gambella September 16, 2019
- Kenya rolls out landmark malaria vaccine introduction September 16, 2019
- Energy Exec Says New Book Billions at Play, Provides Solutions for African Energy Self-Sufficiency September 16, 2019
- Mixed-use is the key to funding hotel development in Africa September 16, 2019
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics3 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS