Connect with us

celebrity radar - gossips

Revealed How Two Popular Billionaires Escaped Titan’s deep-sea trek

Published

on

Revealed How Two Popular Billionaires Escaped Titan’s deep-sea trek

 

 

 

 

 

An investor and billionaire said he was offered cut-price tickets for Titan’s deep-sea trek to the Titanic but turned them down over a scheduling issue.

 

Revealed How Two Popular Billionaires Escaped Titan's deep-sea trek

 

 

 

In a post to Facebook, tycoon Jay Bloom shared texts between himself and OceanGate chief executive Stockton Rush, who insisted the voyage would be “safer than scuba diving”.

 

 

 

Mr Bloom said he turned down the tickets offered to him and his son at the discounted price of $150,000 per person because of scheduling.

 

 

 

His son had also raised safety concerns, he said.

 

One of the texts from Mr Rush – who was killed when Titan imploded on its trip to the shipwreck – said: “While there’s obviously risk it’s way safer than flying in a helicopter or even scuba diving. There hasn’t been even an injury in 35 years in non-military subs.”

Mr Bloom said he is “sure he really believed what he was saying, but he was very wrong”.

 

He said he last saw the OceanGate chief in March when Mr. Rush was “absolutely convinced” the dive would be “safer than crossing the street”.

 

“I told him that due to scheduling we couldn’t go until next year,” Mr Bloom said.

 

“Tomorrow is never promised. Make the most of today.”

 

In an earlier post – before the debris was found – he had said: “So this is crazy… I got invited to go on this dive. If I accepted, I would’ve been one of the five onboard right now.”

Meanwhile, Ned Nwoko, businessman and senator representing Delta north, says he was supposed to join the tourists who lost their lives in an underwater trip to see the Titanic wreck.

 

Nwoko spoke on Friday in a post via his Instagram while mourning Hamish Harding, a British businessman and his friend who was among the five passengers aboard Titan, the missing submersible.

The US Coast Guard (USCG) said the passengers died from a “catastrophic implosion” after debris believed to be from Titan was found near the Titanic, four days after its disappearance.

 

Nwoko said he was heartbroken by the loss and described Harding as a man who loved adventures and challenges.

 

 

 

The senator said he and the deceased businessman had gone on a few exploits together and were meant to go and see the Titanic wreck via the Titan but he opted out owing to national duties.

 

“We both went on a very dangerous expedition to the Southpole Antarctica a few years back. He was a gulf stream pilot who flew across the world in a record-breaking expedition by Guinness world record for circumnavigation of the earth some years ago,” Nwoko said.

 

He descended into the Mariana. He also invited me on his space shuttle last year and this very Titan ill-fated adventure but I was tied down with national duties.

 

“Above all, he was a partner in the various types of research into the eradication of malaria in Africa project. He was very enthusiastic about it and always gave his support at every given opportunity.

 

His last message to me was this last Sunday when he told me they were ready to dive to the Titanic if the weather permits. He loved adventure and challenges.

 

“My heart bleeds for his dear wife and kids who have become family friends over the years. We will surely miss his wealth of experience.”

 

Also aboard Titan were Shahzada Dawood, a prominent Pakistani man, and his teenage son Suleman; Paul-Henri Nargeolet, a French diver, and Stockton Rush, CEO of OceanGate, the ocean exploration company responsible for the Titanic tour.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

celebrity radar - gossips

Testimony Galore As Apostle Prince Acha’s Ministry is Changing Lives and Impacting Destines

Published

on

Testimony Galore As Apostle Prince Acha’s Ministry is Changing Lives and Impacting Destines

Apostle Prince Acha is arguably one of the authentic mouthpieces of God in this end time. Known as the Apostle of Good news, he is the General Overseer of Divine Redemption Hill Ministry.
Testimonies of the impact of his ministry has become a force to be reckoned with. A gifted preacher and endowed with Prophetic unction, his compassionate lifestyle endeared a lot to him.
A woman who spoke with us revealed that through the ministry of Apostle she was delivered from untimely death and total turn around in her business. According to her, when she got a shop at Abule egba axis of Lagos, neighbors informed her to run from the place as those who got the shop before her died mysteriously. She was scared and run to the Apostle for prayers. Without visiting the place physically he informed her of the six places within the compound where the Charms were buried. And she went there, exhumed the places as described and saw charms buried there. After that he prayed for her and that same shop meant to be her burial ground became her source of breakthrough. These and many more has turned his ministry into a haven for solution to many people.
Testimony Galore As Apostle Prince Acha's Ministry is Changing Lives and Impacting Destines

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

Gen. Buratai Hails Wole Soyinka at 90

Published

on

Gen. Buratai Hails Wole Soyinka at 90

 

On Tuesday, July 16, 2024, at the Korean Cultural Centre in Abuja, former Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. (Amb.) T.Y. Buratai, joined other dignitaries to celebrate the 90th birthday of Nobel laureate Professor Wole Soyinka. The event, titled “KONGI’S HARVEST 2024,” was organised by Arojah Royal Theatre and themed “Wole Soyinka: The Messenger and His Messages.” It featured performances, talks, and the Abuja premiere of the documentary “Ebihirome Road: The Museum of Memory” by Kola Tunbosun’s Ologo Africa. In his remarks, Buratai, who was represented by Maj. Gen. Bulama Biu praised Soyinka’s immense contributions to literature and his unwavering dedication to human rights and democracy. He described Soyinka as a national treasure whose works have had a profound impact on both Nigeria and the global community. “Wole Soyinka’s achievements are a testament to the power of literature and the arts in shaping society. His works have not only brought international recognition to Nigeria but have also inspired generations of writers and activists,” Buratai said

 

However, Buratai who commended the naming of the National Theatre in honour of the literary icon, also used the occasion to highlight the lack of adequate support for the arts in Nigeria. He lamented the insufficient funding and resources allocated to cultural institutions and initiatives, which he believes hampers the growth of the arts and limits the potential of talented individuals in the country. “The arts are a vital part of our national identity and heritage. Yet, they continue to be underfunded and undervalued. It is crucial that we invest in the arts and provide the necessary support to nurture the creative talents that abound in our country,” Buratai emphasised. He called on both the government and the private sector to prioritise the arts, arguing that a thriving cultural sector can contribute significantly to the nation’s socio-economic development. The event was a vibrant celebration of Soyinka’s legacy, featuring various Wole Soyinka-themed performances and insightful discussions on his works and influence. The documentary “Ebihirome Road: The Museum of Memory” provided attendees with a deeper understanding of Soyinka’s life, including his arrest and imprisonment during the Nigerian Civil War.

 

The army general, advised the organisers to ensure that proper arrangement is made to show the movie to young Nigerians as a way of bringing them to speed about recent histories that they were not part of, and to motivate them to reach for the sky. Organizers, including Om’Oba Jerry Adesewo, Artistic Director of Arojah Royal Theatre, expressed their commitment to continuing the tradition of honoring Soyinka annually. “This is not just a celebration but a dedication to preserving and promoting the legacy of a great sage. We must tell his story to inspire future generations,” Adesewo remarked. As the celebrations concluded, there was a renewed call for greater support for the arts, ensuring that the contributions of figures like Wole Soyinka are not only remembered but also serve as a foundation for nurturing new talents and preserving Nigeria’s rich cultural heritage.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

Court Orders Major General Umaru Mohammed To Forfeit Ikoyi, Apapa Mansions

Published

on

Court Orders Major General Umaru Mohammed To Forfeit Ikoyi, Apapa Mansions

The Federal High Court in Ikoyi, Lagos, has ordered the final forfeiture of five properties linked to the former Managing Director of Nigerian Army Properties Limited (NAPL), Major-General Umaru Mohammed, to the federal government.

Justice Chukujekwu Aneke issued the final forfeiture ruling on Wednesday after a request by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) lawyer, A.O. Mohammed.

The properties, which include No.8b, Bedwell Road, Ikoyi; No.3, Force Road, Ikoyi, Lagos; No.14, Glover Road, Ikoyi, Lagos; No.6, Marina, Ikoyi, Lagos; and No. 28, Point Road, Apapa, Lagos, were found to be fraudulently misappropriated and the proceeds of the sale diverted for personal use.

The EFCC had told the court that an investigation revealed that the properties were proceeds of an unlawful activity and that the former Army General had diverted the funds for personal use.

Justice Aneke had earlier ordered the interim forfeiture of the properties on March 4 and directed the publication of the order in a national newspaper, thereby inviting interested parties to present their arguments against the permanent forfeiture of the properties government.

On Wednesday, the EFCC’s lawyer, A.O. Mohammed, moved the application for the properties’ final forfeiture, stating that the commission had complied with the court’s order regarding the publication.

“It will be in the interest of justice for the court to grant the prayers being sought and also order the final forfeiture of the property to the federal government,” the lawyer said.

The judge, after listening to the submissions, ordered the final forfeiture of the properties to the federal government.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending