By Ifeoma ikem
Lagos police have arrested a 24years old woman for assaulting10years boy on the Video that went viral online detaining in a Dog Kennel
DSP Bala Elkana the command spoke person, confirm that on 14th August, 2019, a team of detectives from the Gender Unit, Command’s Headquarters Ikeja, arrest one Onyinye Mbadike ‘f’ 24yrs of No 7 Trimnell Street, Aguda for assault and child abused.
The arrest was made base on video on social media showing the suspect torturing one Chibike Eziamaka ‘m’ 10years old of same address and also showed the suspect locking the boy up in a dog’s kennel, sharing space with dogs. The video was widely condemned by well meaning Nigerians.
Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Zubairu Muazu mni ordered the Gender Unit of the Command to identify the Woman in the video, rescue the child and make the suspect face the full weight of the law. Domestic and Sexual Response Team (DSVRT), Alausa Ikeja also added its voice to the call for investigation with a petition addressed to the Commissioner of Police to that effect.
The Gender Unit traced the suspect to Chumpe Liquor Store, Surulere and her residence at Aguda and rescued the victim taken to a secured shelter.
The suspect admitted that she is the one on the viral video flogging the child with belt, but she denied for not locking the victim in a cage with dogs. That she only locked him in an empty dog kennel where bags are kept.
She claimed to have locked up the victim for few hours before bringing him out and also alleged that he took a hot drink in the refrigerator,drank and misbehaving.
According to the suspect the victim smashed the side mirror of her Toyota Camry with stone which made her to detained him in the dog kennel.
Investigation revealed that the victim lost his parents and was brought to Lagos in 2012 from Anambra State by the Mother of the Suspect along with his two siblings,they are cousins. The suspect’s mother is the elder sister of the victim father. She will be charged to Court.
The Command reiterated its commitment towards protecting the rights of Children and other vulnerable members of the society from all forms of violence and abuses.
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS