By Ifeoma ikem
Lagos police have arrested a 24years old woman for assaulting10years boy on the Video that went viral online detaining in a Dog Kennel
DSP Bala Elkana the command spoke person, confirm that on 14th August, 2019, a team of detectives from the Gender Unit, Command’s Headquarters Ikeja, arrest one Onyinye Mbadike ‘f’ 24yrs of No 7 Trimnell Street, Aguda for assault and child abused.
The arrest was made base on video on social media showing the suspect torturing one Chibike Eziamaka ‘m’ 10years old of same address and also showed the suspect locking the boy up in a dog’s kennel, sharing space with dogs. The video was widely condemned by well meaning Nigerians.
Commissioner of Police Lagos State, CP Zubairu Muazu mni ordered the Gender Unit of the Command to identify the Woman in the video, rescue the child and make the suspect face the full weight of the law. Domestic and Sexual Response Team (DSVRT), Alausa Ikeja also added its voice to the call for investigation with a petition addressed to the Commissioner of Police to that effect.
The Gender Unit traced the suspect to Chumpe Liquor Store, Surulere and her residence at Aguda and rescued the victim taken to a secured shelter.
The suspect admitted that she is the one on the viral video flogging the child with belt, but she denied for not locking the victim in a cage with dogs. That she only locked him in an empty dog kennel where bags are kept.
She claimed to have locked up the victim for few hours before bringing him out and also alleged that he took a hot drink in the refrigerator,drank and misbehaving.
According to the suspect the victim smashed the side mirror of her Toyota Camry with stone which made her to detained him in the dog kennel.
Investigation revealed that the victim lost his parents and was brought to Lagos in 2012 from Anambra State by the Mother of the Suspect along with his two siblings,they are cousins. The suspect’s mother is the elder sister of the victim father. She will be charged to Court.
The Command reiterated its commitment towards protecting the rights of Children and other vulnerable members of the society from all forms of violence and abuses.
Cover Of The Week
- Minister Shahid sends National Day greetings to the Foreign Minister of The Gambia February 19, 2020
- Cameroon: Minister for Africa calls for restraint and dialogue following violence February 19, 2020
- International Conference on the Implementation of Land Information Systems February 19, 2020
- First major group of Ethiopian refugees return home from Kenya February 19, 2020
- A new Partnership, “Prospects” changes the ways of supporting displaced groups and their host communities in Sudan February 19, 2020
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) strongly condemns Burkina Faso church attack February 19, 2020
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Calls on the International Community for Urgent Action to Find Alternatives to Disembarkation in Libya February 19, 2020
- EAC hosts the 30th New Partnership for Africa’s Development Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF) Oversight Committee in Arusha February 19, 2020
- Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) marks International Women’s Day in Nigeria with key event February 19, 2020
- Maha Zaoui: 'We are going to build something special in Africa' February 19, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship