President Muhammadu Buhari has said that he will not lose sleep over criticism and that he wants to be remembered as a president who fought corruption to a standstill.
Buhari during a press conference after the India-Africa Summit, which took place in New Delhi, called on Nigerians, who are not corruptly enriching themselves with public funds, not to be afraid of the fight against corruption and that they should encourage him to get whoever had compromised his position and the trust given to him.
Buhari said remained resolute in the fight against corruption and would want to be remembered for that.
Asked how he feel when critics say he is being selective the president said
”if they are not involve in corruption they won’t mind they would encourage us to get whoever compromise his position in the trust being given on to him. I see it in the papers watch it on screen but I have never lost a sleep on it because those that are not corrupt should even encourage us to do more.
Those three interested in the safety of those that have abuse trust in the country office will go to any length including bribing people to give false information and so on.
He went on to say that he is not being selective and that ”whoever is caught the document use in incriminating him or her will be used to prosecute him for Nigerian to know that he has abused trust’
Buhari whose government has security, economy and the fight against corruption main focus and is regularly bashed for been slow said “They call me baba go slow, but I will go slow and steady”.
On Racism the president said it is the state of mind of people, individuals which a nation state cannot absolutely control. So I don’t think people should be preoccupied if somebody says ‘get away you black man’ or whatever,” said Mr Buhari.
The President must be bothered that the National Assembly had been polarised following his choice of ministers.
While he was away, the PDP and the All Progressives Congress’ lawmakers were sharply divided over one of his ministerial nominees, Mr Chibuike Amaechi.
Following the confirmation of his ministerial nominees, President Buhari said he would prune down the number of ministries so as to be able to pay salaries.
On whether there will be an extension of a three-month deadline given by his administration to flush out Boko Haram from Nigeria’s north-east, the President said that the target was to get rid of terrorism and not about meeting deadline.
One of the main talking points at the one-day summit in New Delhi, was the provision India had make for African countries. The nation said it had set aside over $10 billion grant for African countries.
Wooing investors, President Buhari assured Indians and the international community of his administration’s commitment to sustaining efforts aimed at making Nigeria an envy of all.
He urged them to avail themselves of the conducive environment that would be created for investments to thrive.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 Reported Cases in Ethiopia (15 January 2022) January 16, 2022
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (15 January 2022) January 16, 2022
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (15 January 2022) January 15, 2022
- Kenya: Health CS Pledges to Sustain Ongoing Reforms as he Receives MES Contracts Report January 15, 2022
- A Bawi, la MINUSCA oeuvre ? instaurer un climat de confiance entre les forces de s?curit? int?rieure et les communaut?s January 15, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (15 January 2022) January 15, 2022
- Children Under the Age of Five in Uganda set to benefit from the Nationwide House-to-House Polio Immunization Campaign January 15, 2022
- UN in Geneva celebrates 6 decades supporting impartial TV news January 15, 2022
- UN in Egypt participates in the launch of the first edition of the "World Art Forum at the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization January 15, 2022
- Mauritius - COVID-19: The deadline for the administration of booster dose extended to 19 February 2022 January 15, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips3 weeks ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society1 month ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment