…Says Over 3000 Units Available For Subscription
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Thursday assured that the Igando housing scheme as well as other schemes spread across the State would be ready for Lagosians who applied under the Lagos Home Ownership Mortgage Scheme (Lagos HOMS) within the next three to six months.
Governor Ambode, who gave the assurance when he inspected the Igando Lagos HOMS project, shortly after he commissioned the Igando Lagos Theatre, said the 492 unit scheme was in the final stages of completion and would be commissioned by his successor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
“We are at the Lagos HOMS here in Igando where we have 492 units completed. What is left remaining in this particular Estate is just the sewage system and I believe strongly that as we leave, this particular project in the next few months, the whole place should be completed and should be ready for occupants to live in and also to be commissioned by the incoming Governor,” he said.
The Governor, who was accompanied on the inspection by some members of the State Executive Council, said his administration carried out major interventions in the housing sector, adding that the benefits would become evident before the end of the year.
“I just want to implore Lagosians to note that we have done so much in the housing sector and a whole lot of those projects, in the next three to six months should actually come to fruition and Lagosians would start to enjoy the benefit of all the things we have done in the Housing sector,” he said.
Also speaking, Commissioner for Housing, Gbolahan Lawal said over 3000 units were ready for sale in six housing estates including Igbogbo, 360 units; Odo Onosa in Agbowa, Epe, 660 units; Amuwo Odofin, 84 units; Igando, 492 units; Egan, 630 units and Sangotedo, 1118 units, adding that what was left was to sort out the sewage and water systems in some of the estates.
“As the Governor said, we have six estates Igbogbo, 360 Units, Odo Onosa in Agbowa, Epe Local Government has 660 units, we have Amuwo Odofin already completed and its 84 units, this Igando Estate has 492 units, 41 blocks in all and before Egan Estate where the Governor commissioned earlier, we have 630 units there.
“In all, we are looking at about 3000 units in all because Sangotedo is about 1118 units, It’s just the sewage and water that is delaying it. I want to reiterate that Lagos State Housing is fired up and those people that applied, in the next three to six months, they would be living in their houses,” Lawal said.
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others