IGP USMAN ALKALI BABA ASSUMES DUTY AS THE NEW INSPECTOR GENERAL OF POLICE.
· AS FORMER IGP MOHAMMED ADAMU RETIRES FROM SERVICE
The Inspector-General of Police, Ag. IGP Usman Alkali Baba, NPM, psc (+), FDC, today, 7th April 2021 assumed duty as the Inspector General of Police of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He was appointed by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR on 6th April 2021. He takes over from IGP Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, NPM, mni who retired after 35years of meritorious service to the nation. The handing/taking over of leadership between the former and new Police Chiefs was held in a brief but colourful ceremony at the Force Headquarters, Abuja. The event was climaxed with the symbolic handover of the Nigeria Police flag.
2. The new IGP, who is the 21st indigenous Inspector General of Police, thanked the President for the opportunity given him to serve the nation and humanity. He pledged to harness all human and material resources of the Force towards improving security, safety, law, and order in the country.
3. Ag. IGP Usman Alkali Baba, NPM, psc (+), fdc, a fellow of the National Defence College, hails from Geidam in Yobe State. He was commissioned into the Nigeria Police Force on 15th March 1988 as a Cadet Assistant Superintendent of Police at the prestigious Nigeria Police Academy (Annex), Kaduna. He holds a Master’s degree in Public Administration (MPA) and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
4. The astute crime-fighter and versatile manager of men and resources, has held several strategic positions in the past cutting across all the departments of the Force. These include Ag. Deputy Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Department of Finance and Administration, the Force Secretary, Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone-5 Benin, Zone-4 Makurdi, and Zone-7 Abuja. He was also a former Commissioner of Police, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), and Delta Commands amongst others. Until his appointment as the Ag. IGP was the Deputy Inspector General of Police in charge of the Force Criminal Investigations Department.
5. The new Ag. IGP Usman Alkali Baba, NPM, psc (+), fdc holds a policing vision of enhancing police primacy in the protection of lives and property. He believes in the provision of motivational and credible leadership driven by professionalism and strategic planning, all directed at stabilizing internal security and modernizing police operations within the framework of citizens’ consent, trust, and the rule of law.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (15 April 2021) April 16, 2021
- African Union holds global conference to accelerate African vaccine development and manufacturing capacity April 16, 2021
- Ultra-fast, and responsive - first details of EOS R3 revealed, Canon's latest professional mirrorless for sports and news April 16, 2021
- Coronavirus - Namibia: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 update (14 April 2021) April 15, 2021
Politics5 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion4 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips3 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Politics5 months ago
Will Primate Ayodele’s Warning To Joe Biden On US Election Come To Pass?