The Resident Electoral Commissioner in Osun State, Mr Olusegun Agbaje, has said the Independent National Electoral Commission, in collaboration with security agents, will do everything to prevent vote-buying during the September 22 governorship election in the state.
The REC, who said this in Osogbo on Thursday, at a meeting held with the governorship candidates, their running mates and party officials as part of the preparations of the commission ahead of the poll, stressed that voters would not be allowed to use telephones to take photographs of their ballots.
According to him, some voters have been using cameras to take photographs of their ballots and show the same photos to politicians to be paid for voting for them.
Agbaje, who was the REC that conducted the August 2014 governorship election in the state before he was transferred to Ondo State and brought back again, said the INEC was determined to conduct a transparent and violence-free election in Osun State and needed the cooperation of all stakeholders to achieve this.
Edo Police Command Parades 144 Suspects
Rep Member Hold Essay Competition For Constituent
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Cover Of The Week
- UN Human Rights Council 42: Statement for the Universal Periodic Review on Ethiopia September 20, 2019
- Successful Digital Women Entrepreneurs at UN Assembly September 20, 2019
- As drought compounds security woes, Somalis flee to Ethiopia (By Katie Nguyen) September 20, 2019
- Africa and Europe share Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) experiences September 20, 2019
- Levente Magyar holds talks on Hungary-related business issues in Egypt September 20, 2019
- New ambassadors from Ireland, Namibia and Malaysia September 20, 2019
- Libya: humanitarian operation brings to Italy four Libyan paediatric patients September 20, 2019
- New International Organization for Migration (IOM) Data Collection Reveals Latest Migratory Trends in Mauritania September 20, 2019
- The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Deplores Death of Migrant, Killed Thursday upon Disembarkation in Tripoli September 20, 2019
- European Union (EU) Ambassador in first visit of Laikipia Country to launch joint projects with Laikipia County Government and Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) September 20, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS