Talking with Crib tv,Ghana, this is what the young entrepreneur had to say:
How old is Four Corner Magazine and what has been the challenge so far in initiating it?
Four Corner Magazine is four years old. It is not easy for me. I don’t have sponsors now.
Many people promised to help me along the way but most never did. I started Four Corner
magazine with zero naira. What I did was, I created a page on Facebook. I started posting news updates there for people to read.
From there, I got a lot of people on my page. I did that for almost a year before I lunched my first magazine website. I just lunched new andworld class magazine website: www.fcmnews.com.
Kindly,continue to read more excerpts from the interview.
My name is Famuagun Ayodeji Emmanuel. I am from a polygamous family, the fourth of my mother’s children. I had both my primary and
secondary education in Ondo state. I am in my final year in Olabisi Onabanjo university Ogun State- Mass Communication.
What are your hubbies?
Reading and watching football. I am a
Manchester United fan. I listen to the messages and speeches of great minds a lot. They inspire a lot.
How do you unwind?
Going to see movies and hanging out with friends
How has your journey into the media world been?
Very challenging and very educating I must say. It all started when I was in the first year of my studies. I was exposed to so many things. One of my lecturers Mrs. Ajibola used to advise us on what we could do for ourselves when we were still in school. She told us about her daughter, how she started her own show on radio with zero naira. This inspired me a lot. I said to myself “Deji you can do something good.” That was how everything started for me.
For the benefit of those who don’t know what you are into, kindly tell us what you do?
I am a publisher. A blogger. I have an online magazine- Four Corner Magazine.
What other things do you do besides being a publisher?
Like I said early, I am still a student. I am a writer,a movie producer and radio presenter. I also have a movie academy where I groom talent.
What’s your take on the present state of the Nigeria’s media industry, do you think it is doing well enough, any affecting factors?
Yes. I think we are doing well. However, we still need to be objective in this job. The society deserves objective information.
Are you working on any other project apart from the one you have told us, that you can exclusively reveal to us?
Yes. At present, I am working on a project- a TV series that will be aired all over Africa. I use this medium to invite individuals to sponsor this project.
Finally, where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?
With God on my side I hope to see myself as one of the biggest house hold names in the media business in Nigeria and Africa.
Cover Of The Week
- United States to Provide $30.4 Million to Support Democratic Elections in Ethiopia February 28, 2020
- Dry replaces injured Visser at HSBC Los Angeles Sevens February 28, 2020
- Guinness PRO14 pressure continues to rise for South Africa (SA) teams February 28, 2020
- Orange and SES team up on O3b mPOWER Communications System and open a New Era for Satellite Connectivity Innovation February 28, 2020
- Hackathon Workshop February 28, 2020
- U.S. provides Defender patrol boats to Djiboutian Navy February 28, 2020
- Ramping up the fight against Fall Armyworm February 28, 2020
- Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs meets Egypt’s Assistant Foreign Minister for Human Rights and International Humanitarian and Social Affairs February 28, 2020
- Polish-Sudanese political consultations in Warsaw February 27, 2020
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Opens the Ethiopian Trade and Cultural Week February 27, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports7 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports6 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship