Talking with Crib tv,Ghana, this is what the young entrepreneur had to say:
How old is Four Corner Magazine and what has been the challenge so far in initiating it?
Four Corner Magazine is four years old. It is not easy for me. I don’t have sponsors now.
Many people promised to help me along the way but most never did. I started Four Corner
magazine with zero naira. What I did was, I created a page on Facebook. I started posting news updates there for people to read.
From there, I got a lot of people on my page. I did that for almost a year before I lunched my first magazine website. I just lunched new andworld class magazine website: www.fcmnews.com.
Kindly,continue to read more excerpts from the interview.
My name is Famuagun Ayodeji Emmanuel. I am from a polygamous family, the fourth of my mother’s children. I had both my primary and
secondary education in Ondo state. I am in my final year in Olabisi Onabanjo university Ogun State- Mass Communication.
What are your hubbies?
Reading and watching football. I am a
Manchester United fan. I listen to the messages and speeches of great minds a lot. They inspire a lot.
How do you unwind?
Going to see movies and hanging out with friends
How has your journey into the media world been?
Very challenging and very educating I must say. It all started when I was in the first year of my studies. I was exposed to so many things. One of my lecturers Mrs. Ajibola used to advise us on what we could do for ourselves when we were still in school. She told us about her daughter, how she started her own show on radio with zero naira. This inspired me a lot. I said to myself “Deji you can do something good.” That was how everything started for me.
For the benefit of those who don’t know what you are into, kindly tell us what you do?
I am a publisher. A blogger. I have an online magazine- Four Corner Magazine.
What other things do you do besides being a publisher?
Like I said early, I am still a student. I am a writer,a movie producer and radio presenter. I also have a movie academy where I groom talent.
What’s your take on the present state of the Nigeria’s media industry, do you think it is doing well enough, any affecting factors?
Yes. I think we are doing well. However, we still need to be objective in this job. The society deserves objective information.
Are you working on any other project apart from the one you have told us, that you can exclusively reveal to us?
Yes. At present, I am working on a project- a TV series that will be aired all over Africa. I use this medium to invite individuals to sponsor this project.
Finally, where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now?
With God on my side I hope to see myself as one of the biggest house hold names in the media business in Nigeria and Africa.
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS