PDP senatorial candidate in Lagos, Segun Adewale has debunked the widespread allegation that he led a group of thugs to attack the the office of the All Progressives Congress (APC)’s candidate for the same position, Hon. Solomon Adeola.
In an exclusive chat with us with email to support it, his media people shed more light on the controversy.
‘We are responding to the propaganda trending in the media of Honourable Olamilekan Adeola Solomon of APC that his office was attacked this evening with gun shots fired by Honourable Segun Adewale as false and slight on our principal to score cheap political points because they know we are gaining grounds in our campaign to clinch the Lagos West Senatorial position.
We have seen pictures been circulated on social media claiming our campaign group unleashed mayhem on his campaign office which we dare say are malicious and a well prepared script written by Olamilekan Adeola Iyayi to misrepresent Honourable Segun Adewale.
The truthful account is as follows; our campaign team was returning from a massive and peaceful rally we held from Ajeromi Ifelodun to Ikeja where our convoy passing through Adeniyi Jones Ikeja was attacked with several gun shots fired by Honourable Olamilekan Solomon’s supporters and security people. It was the vehicle of Honourable Segun Adewale that was attacked and our security team led by the Nigerian Police Force gallantly shielded his vehicle from the attackers and the shots fired at him to ensure his safety.
Several shots were fired by his supporters at our vehicle which several were damaged but we never retaliated. The supposed picture been circulated on Social media we dare to say that the vehicle does not belong to Olamilekan Adeola Iyayi and neither was parked at his office. Why can’t the full picture of the vehicle been show with the number plate?
Nonetheless our team of security men led by the Nigerian Police Force details were able to avert a major attempt on the life of Honourable Segun Adewale. The news been circulated in social media is quite deeming of the person of the calibre of Honourable Olamilekan Adeola Solomon whom we believe is a distinguished gentleman but has shown how he lacks decorum and decency and also how desperate he is to win the elections by going the way of malicious and inciting propaganda.
We have filed a detailed report of the incident to the Divisional Police Headquarters in Ikeja and investigation has commenced and we will see to it that justice prevails on this matter.
This is the third time we would be attacked by his supporters as some days ago, our campaign office in Iyana Ipaja was also attacked by thugs working for Honourable Olamilekan Adeola Solomon.
We would like to reiterate for all to know that Honourable Segun Adewale abhors violence in any way or of any kind and frowns at such with all passion.
We would like to say also say to our supporters at this point not to engage in any form of reprisal on this ugly incident but rather to seek peace that we are known for.
Also, Honourable Segun Adewale is safe and well and we give thanks to God as the attempt on his life failed.
In the words of Martin Luther King Jr. “We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence.”
SEGUN ADEWALE’S MEDIA OFFICE
Cover Of The Week
- B-roll: Interview with FIFA Council member Isha Johansen from Sierra Leone June 11, 2021
- Women's Premier Division R6 and First Division R1 Preview June 11, 2021
- South Sudan's former Petroleum Minister urges industry to stick with Cape Town by endorsing African Energy Week June 11, 2021
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated successfully launches US$350 million 10NC5 year Tier 2 Sustainability Notes June 11, 2021
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies digitally empowers the youth of Mthatha with the opening of their first Innovation and Digital Centre June 11, 2021
- Over 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Angola June 11, 2021
- New Humanitarian Hub to boost efficiency in delivering humanitarian assistance in Pibor, South Sudan June 11, 2021
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (10 June 2021) June 11, 2021
- Southwest State police trained on tackling gender-based violence June 11, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (10 June 2021) June 11, 2021
Politics7 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks