Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje of Kano State on Sunday broke his silence and hit hard on his counterpart Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai, as he told him to stop noise making and politicizing issue of Almajiris evacuated to the state, who tested positive to novel coronavirus.
This was as he said some of the Almajiris also evacuated to Kano State during the exercise, were COVID-19 positive, but the fact that he (Ganduje) did not make noise about it doesn’t mean that they were all healthy and without Covid-19 infection.
Recall that Governor El-Rufai had said about 50 Almajiri or more evacuated to the state from Kano state had tested positive for COVID-19 and also Jigawa and Gombe states, 16 and 8 respectively.
Governor Ganduje, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Abba Anwar and made available to newsmen in the state, said what the children (Almajiris) need at that critical point was caregiving instead of noise making and politicizing the issue.
The statement titled, “We are not making politics out of it, no noise making.
“To put record straight on the movement of Almajiris across states of the federation and how Kano embarks on the exercise.
“We agreed at the Northern Governors Forum that all Almajiris moved to their states of origin. That is why we are sending, in good faith and procedures, all Almajiris that are not from Kano state to their respective states of origin.
“The exercise was not political and should not be politicized.
“The way we are sending back Almajiris to their states of origin, we are also receiving Almajiris from other states who are Kano indigenes. But the fact that we are not making noise about it does not mean they are all healthy without COVID-19 infections.
“Let’s make it categorically clear that, some of the Almajiris brought to Kano during the exercise, are also COVID-19 positive, but we are not making politics out of it. Because we all believe that what they need most now, is not noise making or publicity. What they need at this critical point in time is, caregiving.
“People should also understand that these children were not infected in the process of transporting them to their respective states. So noise making is not fit as a way forward.
“All we are doing is simply to comply with the Northern Governors’ Forum decision that all Almajiris in our states should be taken back to their respective states, simple,” the statement however reads.
Meanwhile, the rivalry between the two could be traced back to when the former Kano Emir, Muhammad Sanusi II was dethroned and banished to Nassarawa State and El-Rufai visited him (Sanusi), appointed him Chancellor of Kaduna State University and also Vice Chairman of the board of Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency, a development which seems not to have gone down well with Ganduje.
Cover Of The Week
- Rugby Africa offers referees from its member unions a series of online workshops May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Using innovation to deliver in Somalia despite COVID-19 May 28, 2020
- Diversified Energy Mix for A Clean Energy Transition May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Team Europe supports the most vulnerable Kenyans with health and social security May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: Young Ugandan man ‘an agent of change’ in HIV care and gender justice May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President to join UN High-Level Event on Development Financing in Age of COVID-19 May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Periods don’t pause for a pandemic May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Committees on Tourism put Transformation High on the Agenda of the South African Tourism May 28, 2020
- Cabo Verde: African Development Bank Group approves 30 million euros loan to fight COVID-19 May 28, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: Over 123,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases on the African continent May 28, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news3 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Fashion/Lifestyle6 months ago
Face Of Universe Nigeria Beauty pageant maiden edition Registration kicks off January 20th
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
ECOWAS Youth Council Decorates Seyi Tinubu as an Ambassador…Honour Him with Nelson Mandela Leadership Award