All is not well in Kogi state as the crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kogi took a different dimension as supporters of embattled Senator Dino Melaye and Faleke have opted out of the forthcoming congresses.
In a statement signed by Gbenga Olulade and made available to newsmen in Lokoja on Thursday, Melaye alleged that Governor Yahaya Bello has perfected plans to militarize and hijack the entire process.
The boycott is coming after the Audu/Faleke faction announced that it will not participate in the forthcoming party congresses in the state.
“We have it on a good authority that well armed thugs have been mobilized furnished with arms to deal decisively with any perceived members who does not belong to governor Yahaya Bello’s group.
“Dangerous weapons and ammunition in different forms have been arranged for the already warming up thugs who have now been lodged at different locations in Kogi West to unleash violence and manhandle our members and supporters who may attend the APC Ward and Local Government Congresses.
“In swift observance of the above therefore, which poses a great danger to our law abiding and democratic supporters, we therefore, instruct you all, to boycott the charade driven Congresses starting from this weekend.
“Since we don’t intend to endanger the lives of anyone, it is therefore imperative to ensure that all Sen Dino Melaye’s political structure, supporters across Kogi West Senatorial District stay off the already hijacked Congresses.
“We assure you all that the current political gang up against distinguished Sen Dino Melaye, Kogi West shall fail woefully,” he said.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Kakamega County has established five COVID-19 treatment centres August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Minister Zweli Mkhize confirms total of 553188 cases of Coronavirus COVID-19 (8th August, 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: COVID-19 statistics in South Africa (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Botswana: The Presidential COVID-19 Task Team Results August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Daily Status Update (8th August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Booi encourages her team-mates as South Africa (SA) celebrates Women's Day August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: Returning back home during a global pandemic August 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: 541 people living with HIV and AIDS in Yumbe traced and linked back into care August 8, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (8th August 2020) August 8, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries