All is not well in Kogi state as the crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kogi took a different dimension as supporters of embattled Senator Dino Melaye and Faleke have opted out of the forthcoming congresses.
In a statement signed by Gbenga Olulade and made available to newsmen in Lokoja on Thursday, Melaye alleged that Governor Yahaya Bello has perfected plans to militarize and hijack the entire process.
The boycott is coming after the Audu/Faleke faction announced that it will not participate in the forthcoming party congresses in the state.
“We have it on a good authority that well armed thugs have been mobilized furnished with arms to deal decisively with any perceived members who does not belong to governor Yahaya Bello’s group.
“Dangerous weapons and ammunition in different forms have been arranged for the already warming up thugs who have now been lodged at different locations in Kogi West to unleash violence and manhandle our members and supporters who may attend the APC Ward and Local Government Congresses.
“In swift observance of the above therefore, which poses a great danger to our law abiding and democratic supporters, we therefore, instruct you all, to boycott the charade driven Congresses starting from this weekend.
“Since we don’t intend to endanger the lives of anyone, it is therefore imperative to ensure that all Sen Dino Melaye’s political structure, supporters across Kogi West Senatorial District stay off the already hijacked Congresses.
“We assure you all that the current political gang up against distinguished Sen Dino Melaye, Kogi West shall fail woefully,” he said.
Cover Of The Week
- Radio Station Features U.S. Ambassador January 17, 2020
- Statement of Mohamed Ibn Chambas, UN Special Representative for West Africa and The Sahel, on The Gambia January 17, 2020
- Libya: Tens of thousands of children at risk amidst violence and chaos of unrelenting conflict January 17, 2020
- Six months following the enforced disappearance of Siham Sergewa, UNSMIL calls for her immediate release January 17, 2020
- Chinese Embassy launches Training Course on Pottery Production Techniques in Freetown January 17, 2020
- Minister Gould concludes visit to Republic of Congo and Democratic Republic of Congo January 17, 2020
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria