Contrary to the widespread rumour that LAWMA boss, Ola Oresanya alongside fashola’s sister were fired by the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode led government in Lagos, Oresanya has labelled such rumour as total falsehood and calculated attempt to cause confusion in the system. In an exclusive chat with Sahara Weekly on Wednesday, June 17,2015, he said he is still in charge as the General manager of LAWMA.
“i wonder where they picked the story from. His Excellency only dissolved all the boards of parastatals and agencies but the executive arms were not affected. In fact, the so called reports online has embarrassed the government because it’s not true. the boards were not fired but dissolved and this is normal because they are political appointees. Its like the commissioners of a particular government who expects to still keephis position after the exit of his boss would have himself to be blamed. The governor only sacked the board and i am still in charge”
It was alleged that there has been a massive shake-up in the Lagos State Government as Governor Akinwunmi Ambode dissolved all Boards of parastatals and agencies, sacking the sister of the former Governor of Lagos State, Ms Olayinka Fashola and 75 other heads of the parastatals and agencies.
Ms Fashola was the General Manager, Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, LASRRA. Also affected is the General Manager, Lagos State Waste Management Agency, LAWMA, whose head was Ola Oresanya; Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu; Executive Chairman, Lagos State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board, Bolajoko Fashola and the Lagos State Traffic Management Agency, LASTMA, headed by Babatunde Edu.
Also sacked are the General Managers of Lagos State Electricity Board, Ms Damilola Ogunbiyi; Urban Furniture and Regulatory Unit, UFRU, Joe Igbokwe; Lagos Water Cooperation, Shayo Holloway; Lagos Internal Revenue Service, Tunde Fowler; Lagos State Building Control Agency, LABCA; Managing Director, LAGBUS Assets Management, Babatunde Disu and the General Manager, Lagos State Lotteries Board, Lanre Gbajabiamila.
Other head of agencies affected are the Lagos State Waterways Authority, Lagos State Building Investment Company Limited, Lagos State Ferry Services, Lagos State Records and Archives Bureau, Lagos State Printing Cooperation, Lagos State Television, Lagos State Traffic Radio, Eko FM, Radio Lagos, among others.
In a statement issued by the Office of the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Tunji Bello, it said Ambode had approved the dissolution of all boards of parastatals and agencies of government with immediate effects.
According to the statement, the dissolution is with the exception of the Civil Service Commission, Judicial Service Commission and the State Independent Electoral Commission.
While expressing the appreciation of the Governor for the modest contribution of members of the dissolved Boards, Bello wished them well in their future endeavour.
The statement added that constitution of new Boards would be effected in due course.
Cover Of The Week
- How Senegal prepared for COVID-19 surge June 12, 2021
- The system stalling COVID-19 importation into Rwanda June 12, 2021
- Interview with FIFA Council member Isha Johansen from Sierra Leone June 12, 2021
- B-roll: Interview with FIFA Council member Isha Johansen from Sierra Leone June 11, 2021
- Women's Premier Division R6 and First Division R1 Preview June 11, 2021
- South Sudan's former Petroleum Minister urges industry to stick with Cape Town by endorsing African Energy Week June 11, 2021
- Ecobank Transnational Incorporated successfully launches US$350 million 10NC5 year Tier 2 Sustainability Notes June 11, 2021
- Liquid Intelligent Technologies digitally empowers the youth of Mthatha with the opening of their first Innovation and Digital Centre June 11, 2021
- Over 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Angola June 11, 2021
- New Humanitarian Hub to boost efficiency in delivering humanitarian assistance in Pibor, South Sudan June 11, 2021
Politics7 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks