Contrary to the widespread rumour that LAWMA boss, Ola Oresanya alongside fashola’s sister were fired by the Governor Akinwunmi Ambode led government in Lagos, Oresanya has labelled such rumour as total falsehood and calculated attempt to cause confusion in the system. In an exclusive chat with Sahara Weekly on Wednesday, June 17,2015, he said he is still in charge as the General manager of LAWMA.
“i wonder where they picked the story from. His Excellency only dissolved all the boards of parastatals and agencies but the executive arms were not affected. In fact, the so called reports online has embarrassed the government because it’s not true. the boards were not fired but dissolved and this is normal because they are political appointees. Its like the commissioners of a particular government who expects to still keephis position after the exit of his boss would have himself to be blamed. The governor only sacked the board and i am still in charge”
It was alleged that there has been a massive shake-up in the Lagos State Government as Governor Akinwunmi Ambode dissolved all Boards of parastatals and agencies, sacking the sister of the former Governor of Lagos State, Ms Olayinka Fashola and 75 other heads of the parastatals and agencies.
Ms Fashola was the General Manager, Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, LASRRA. Also affected is the General Manager, Lagos State Waste Management Agency, LAWMA, whose head was Ola Oresanya; Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Dr. Femi Oke-Osanyintolu; Executive Chairman, Lagos State Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board, Bolajoko Fashola and the Lagos State Traffic Management Agency, LASTMA, headed by Babatunde Edu.
Also sacked are the General Managers of Lagos State Electricity Board, Ms Damilola Ogunbiyi; Urban Furniture and Regulatory Unit, UFRU, Joe Igbokwe; Lagos Water Cooperation, Shayo Holloway; Lagos Internal Revenue Service, Tunde Fowler; Lagos State Building Control Agency, LABCA; Managing Director, LAGBUS Assets Management, Babatunde Disu and the General Manager, Lagos State Lotteries Board, Lanre Gbajabiamila.
Other head of agencies affected are the Lagos State Waterways Authority, Lagos State Building Investment Company Limited, Lagos State Ferry Services, Lagos State Records and Archives Bureau, Lagos State Printing Cooperation, Lagos State Television, Lagos State Traffic Radio, Eko FM, Radio Lagos, among others.
In a statement issued by the Office of the Secretary to the State Government, SSG, Tunji Bello, it said Ambode had approved the dissolution of all boards of parastatals and agencies of government with immediate effects.
According to the statement, the dissolution is with the exception of the Civil Service Commission, Judicial Service Commission and the State Independent Electoral Commission.
While expressing the appreciation of the Governor for the modest contribution of members of the dissolved Boards, Bello wished them well in their future endeavour.
The statement added that constitution of new Boards would be effected in due course.
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi