By Ifeoma Ikem
Chairman Governing Board of the Lagos State Sports Commission (LSSC), Dr. Kweku Adedayo Tandoh has applauded the President and members of the International Women’s Society (IWS) for making sports number one priority in child upbringing.
He said that the International Women’s Society (IWS) Nigeria, has done a lot and has really come a long way when it comes to the development and support of the Nigerian child.
Dr Tandoh was represented by Mrs. Ifeoluwa Ogunlaja, the Chief Sporting Officer at the commission, told the IWS officials and the guests that sporting activities were very important in helping the child grow and develop physically, mentally while preparing them for a greater fulfilling future.
He advised the children to be God-fearing and respectful to their parents, teachers and elders while concentrating on their academic developments so as to attain the prize in the future.
IWS president, Nkoli Ogbolu said that sporting activities for the children are very important for their basic development physically and mentally.
According to her, everything starts from when children are young. We should all try to nurture these kids to have a good foundation in physical excerise and developed a good foundation especially when they are small.
Our day nursery hasn’t grown from a nursery school since 1963. We believe in nurturing them and taking them to other schools, but the difference is clear in the type of nurture we give them. We have to grow, and will kick off the primary section by September. We want to train them properly till we send them off to secondary school, she noted.
The 56th anniversary of April day event, of day nursery sports fiesta Yellow house of International Women Society, Nigeria (IWS) Day Nursery School, Yaba emerge winner with 19 points at the annual whilevBlue house came second with 17 points, Red and Green houses came joint third
OGUN GOVERNOR SWEARS IN SSG, CoS, CHARGES THEM ON GOOD GOVERNANCE
OGUN GOVERNOR EXTOLS VIRTUE OF OLOTA OF OTA
WE WILL MAKE OGUN AGRICULTURAL CAPITAL OF NIGERIA- DAPO ABIODUN
Dr Chris Okafor Stages another Powerful Prophetic and Deliverance ‘2 Night with the King’ conference in Lagos
Honourable Kayode Akiolu To Host Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Cover Of The Week
- The Power of Storytelling June 24, 2019
- U.S. Embassy Statement on June 22 Attacks June 24, 2019
- Africa Oil & Power to Honor Senegal President as “Africa Oil Man of the Year” June 23, 2019
- Uganda defeats Kenya in Elgon Cup June 23, 2019
- Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on presidential elections in Mauritania June 21, 2019
- Over 2,100 Ethiopian Migrants return home from Yemen with Organization for Migration (IOM) support June 21, 2019
- Quality, Reliable and Comparable Data Critical for Migration Management and Governance: IOM Zimbabwe June 21, 2019
- Tanzania: Authorities rushing to pass bill to further repress human rights June 21, 2019
- UN Country Team and UNAMID deplore the looting and destruction of UN agency properties in Graida, South Darfur June 21, 2019
- Secretary-General appoints Yacoub El Hillo of Sudan as Deputy Special Representative for Libya June 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips4 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized4 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Crime2 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank