By Ifeoma Ikem
A 39 year old man, Chris Ndukwe, is alleged to have killed his girlfriend identified as Olamide Alli, 25, and subsequently committed suicide.
DSP Bala Elkana, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday.
“At about 4pm, the Ilasan Police Station received information that a couple were found dead in the man’s residence at road 5, House 16a, Victory Point Estate, Ilasan.
“A team of homicide detectives was deployed to the scene and the crime scene was preserved for forensic analysis.
“The woman was found lying in a pool of blood with deep cuts on her head’’.
Elkana said that the man’s mouth was foaming with whitish substance.
“It is alleged that the man stabbed the woman to death with a kitchen knife and thereafter drank some poisonous substance suspected to be sniper insecticides.
“Two blood stained kitchen knives, two empty bottles of the poisonous substance, three empty cans of red bull energy drink and a pair of pliers were recovered from the scene’’.
According to him, `the two corpses had been removed and deposited in a public mortuary for autopsy’.
“Information gathered from some family members revealed that the couple was in relationship for over seven years, though not married, and have two boys, ages 7 and 3.
“The relationship is described as complicated, as the couple was on and off over the years adding that while the man lived in Victory Point Estate Ilasan, the woman lived in Ogba.
“The woman was said to have visited the man alongside her 22 year-old sister, a night before the incident, on his invitation’’.
He said Olamide’s sister was the first to have noticed that the couple was dead and raised the alarm.
“In her statement, she was woken up by loud music from the room where the corpses were found, as herself and the kids slept in a different room.
“It is not yet clear what might have triggered the incidence,’’ he added.
The Commissioner of Police Lagos State, Hakeem Odumosu has ordered a thorough investigation into the case, and investigations are ongoing.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (12 July 2020) July 13, 2020
- Electric Power Industry Needs Urgent Transformation, Huawei's New ICT Empowers Smart Grids July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: 571 new cases of COVID-19 Nigeria July 13, 2020
- Centurion hires new Business Development Manager to lead its European expansion July 13, 2020
- African Energy Chamber Salutes the Bank of Central African States (BEAC)’s Authorization to Open Foreign Currency-labelled Escrow Accounts July 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - African Union Member States (54) reporting COVID-19 cases (578,734) deaths (12,996), and recoveries (287,563) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: Distribution of Cases by County (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Somalia: Update on COVID-19 in Somalia (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12th July 2020) July 12, 2020
news4 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized4 weeks ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics2 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education4 weeks ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries