A 22-year-old trader, Oyinbuchi Ezeora, was on Monday docked at an Abule Egba Magistrates’ Court, Lagos, for allegedly beating up a woman and removing three out of her teeth.
The accused, who resides at No. 9, Transformer St., Abule Egba, Lagos, is facing a count charge of assault.
The prosecutor, Insp. Rachael Williams told the court that the offence was committed on June 30, at Oja-Oba, Abule Egba.
Williams told the court that the accused beat up one Mrs Bukola Onisiwo, during an argument.
“The accused dragged the woman on the floor, beat her up and gave her a fist blow which pulled out three out of her teeth, the victim was badly injured,’’ the prosecutor said.
The offence, according to the prosecutor, contravenes Section 244 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
The Magistrate, Mrs Adenike Shonubi granted the accused a bail of N50,000, with one surety in like sum.
She adjourned the case to July 17 for mention.
Wellness HMO Again Adopts Three Women for ‘Wellness for Life’
Africa’s Global Bank, UBA is Now Available on Apple Business Chat
STRANSACT NIGERIA MERITS INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTING GROUP (TIAG) PARTNERSHIP
Lagos Govt. to Improve funding of medical sector, …lament on brain drain
The Next Titan Season-6: Heritage Bank continues to boosts entrepreneurship among youths
Cover Of The Week
- Documentation opens doors for Kenya's stateless Shona community September 19, 2019
- Tanzania: Protect Burundians Facing Abuse September 19, 2019
- More women and children survive today than ever before – UN report September 19, 2019
- South Africa’s Former Energy Minister, Jeff Radebe appointed to reassure African counterparts September 19, 2019
- #InsideTheHustle - Why I quit my job to create Nigeria’s first food truck in the heart of the country's megacity, Lagos September 19, 2019
- The Simbas ready for Zimbabwe Sables in the last 2019 Victoria Cup Fixture September 19, 2019
- Rugby – Zambia : Local 7's Series Resumes September 19, 2019
- 16 coaches from Africa shortlisted as “Future Stars” by Arsenal and WorldRemit September 19, 2019
- Enhancing the Contribution of Innovation, Youth and Leadership in Africa and the African Diaspora September 19, 2019
- Speeding up detection to slow down Ebola: Smartphone app is game-changer for contact tracing in hotspots in the Democratic Republic of the Congo September 19, 2019
Business5 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Business6 months ago
News Flash! Ecobank Wins CBN/NIBSS Award For Data Integrity
Politics4 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS