The Governor of Ondo State, Dr. Rahman Olusegun Mimiko, has emerged as the Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party Governors’ Forum.
Mimiko was elected on Tuesday night at the inaugural meeting of the forum after the May 29 change of power.
The meeting was held at the Secretariat of former Governor Jonah Jang’s faction of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum in Maitama, Abuja.
The new Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum succeeds former Akwa Ibom State Governor, Obong Godswill Akpabio, who is now a serving senator.
The Governor of Abia State, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, confirmed this to journalists at the end of the meeting.
Ikpeazu stated that Mimiko was the unanimous choice of all the PDP governors present at the meeting.
The Abia State governor, while speaking further on the outcome of the meeting, disclosed that the governors frowned at the relocation of the Governorship and House of Assembly Elections Petitions Tribunal from Jalingo, Taraba State to Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.
He categorically stated that there was no justifiable reason for the relocation.
According to him: “The judiciary in Taraba State is in session, so there is no reason for the relocation.”
The Forum, he added, also congratulated the President of the Senate, Senator Bukola Saraki, and his Deputy, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, as well as the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara, and his Deputy, Yusuf Lasun, stressing that their emergence was an indication of the confidence repose in them by their colleagues.
The governors however kept mute on the fate of the remaining members of the PDP National Working Committee since the resignation of the National Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu.
The meeting, which was scheduled to start by 7pm, did not start until about 9.30pm on Tuesday night.
Present at the meeting were Dr. Mimiko, Captain Idris Wada of Kogi State, Dr. Ikpeazu and Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State.
Also in attendance were; Governors Dave Umehia (Ebonyi), Diarus Isiaku (Taraba) and Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom).
The Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, Rear Admiral John Jonah, represented the state governor at the meeting.
Source : The eagle online
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi