Comic actor, John Okafor, popularly known as Mr Ibu has debunked trending social media reports that he is down with stroke.
The new media was awash on Thursday, April 4th, 2019 with reports that the 57-year-old iconic actor was hit by a mysterious stroke shortly after he returned from a trip to Owerri, Imo State.
The President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Emeka Rollas, was even quoted as saying that “the actor was fast recovering”.
The sad news generated deep concerns from industry watchers, especially fans of the actor, calling for prayers and support for him.
However, in a latest video published on his Instagram Page, Mr Ibu, who is seen “loving up with his wife”, flayed the stroke report, saying he has handed those peddling the rumour to God.
He said: “Oh God! People are saying that I have stroke, that I am down with stroke. Why?
“How can you announce somebody’s sickness and you have many, you don’t even announce one.
“I don’t have any stroke please. This is my wife, my humble wife. Well, we hand over everything to God.
“I have been receiving calls from across the world, and I don’t know who is spreading this false news about me. I don’t know what they are saying. Na their papa get stroke.”
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), WHO and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) statement on access to internationally controlled medicines during COVID-19 pandemic August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of the Congo: Millions ‘on the edge’ in DR Congo, now in even greater danger of tipping over - World Food Programme (WFP) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 1,200 missing migrants recorded thus far in 2020 may well undercount totals since COVID-19 outbreak August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: Stranded Sierra Leoneans return amid COVID-19 pandemic, part of 2,800 returns along Humanitarian Corridors in West, Central Africa August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: Humanitarian needs hit record high, UN calls for urgent support August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: Stop the use of deadly force on protesters August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Democratic Republic of Congo: With conflict and COVID-19 deepening hunger in the Democratic Republic of Congo, more help is needed to save millions of lives August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (14th August 2020) August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 14 August 2020, 6 pm EAT August 14, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: 2 in 5 schools around the world lacked basic handwashing facilities prior to COVID-19 pandemic — UNICEF, WHO August 14, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour