The Presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress(APC), Muhammadu Buhari has maintained his position as the president of Nigeria following the announcement of results from the Independent Electoral Commission.
Muhammadu Buhari defeated the candidate of the People Democractic Party (PDP) , Alh. Atiku Abubakar and other candidates to emerge winner.
He garnered a total of 15,016,410 votes, closely followed by PDP Atiku Abubakar, who had a total 11,938,661votes making the APC candidate win by a margin of over 3million votes.
The election results however isn’t without critics, there has been critics from far and wide over the announcement and the PDP also ordered INEC to stop the announcement of the results because they are being cheated.
According to the party, the results collated from states are with them and it is contradicting the one INEC is announcing which appears not to be In their favour.
The election observers has also faulted INEC and released their version of the results which portrayed PDP as winner of the election as against what is being announced.
However, INEC has remained unshakened by this and has continued the announcement of results with no hinderances.
Cover Of The Week
- Africa Oil & Power officially opens Mozambique Workshops, celebrates International Women’s Day March 8, 2021
- Sonangol celebrates 45 Years in Service of Angola (By Charné Hundermark) March 8, 2021
- Canada World Youth and Africa Skills Hub partner to introduce Women’s Entrepreneurship and Livelihood Initiative (WELI) March 8, 2021
- USD 35-billion per year is needed to tackle Africa’s water crisis; South African firm Khato Civils announces African expansion and calls for AfCFTA to be the catalyst to build Africa’s water infrastructure March 8, 2021
- The Africa Digital Inclusion Facility approves grants worth $1.3 million for two research efforts to enhance women’s digital access to loans and micro-insurance March 8, 2021
- The African Energy Chamber to host Virtual Book Launch for its first ever advisory board book March 8, 2021
- NBA and Basketball Africa League launch Gender Equality Initiatives in Africa March 8, 2021
- Energy Sector stands with Equatorial Guinea as explosions decimate in residential areas March 8, 2021
- Oil and Gas sector welcomes merger of South Africa’s iGas, PetroSA and Strategic Fuel Fund March 8, 2021
- Gaerne and Team Qhubeka ASSOS reunite partnership March 8, 2021
Politics3 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro6 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports6 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi