NDA SET TO CONDUCT EXERCISE CAMP HIGHLAND
The Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) will conduct its final outdoor Field Training Exercise for Army Cadets of Short Service Course 47, nicknamed Exercise CAMP HIGHLAND, in Plateau and Kaduna States, respectively, from 8 – 29 January 2022.
The Exercise is designed to test the cadets leadership skills, physical fitness, as well as command and control abilities, among other military competencies. The Exercise is an important military training activity used in ascertaining the preparedness of the Army cadets for commissioning as Officers into the Nigerian Armed Forces. Phases of the Exercise that would take place in Plateau State include Map Reading Exercise at Heipang and Adventure Training at the Citizenship and Leadership Training Centre, Shere Hills, Jos, from 8 – 14 January 2022. Furthermore, Tactical Drills and Battle Inoculation Drills would take place in Kachia general area from 14 – 29 January 2022.
Consequently, communities living around Heipang and Shere Hills, Jos in Plateau State would observe mass movement of military personnel, vehicles and equipment in the general area from 8-15 January 2022. Similarly, residents of KATUL CROSSING – FADAN KAMANTA axis in ZAGON KATAF Local Government Area of Kaduna State will observe same tactical drills involving firing /simulation of small arms and artillery fire from 15 -19 January 2022. Residents in the general areas mentioned above are therefore advised not to panic but to go about their normal daily routine activities without fear.
They are to however advised to report any breach of security to the nearest authorities. Furthermore, Battle Inoculation, which would involve live firing of small arms, amour and artillery weapons will be conducted from 20 – 29 January 2022 within the Military Exercise Area near Nigerian Army Base Camp, Kachia.
Therefore, locals around ANINKWA, INSAME and neighboring communities are advised to stay away from the live firing area during the period of the exercise. On our part, all necessary safety measures and arrangements have been put in place to ensure safety in the exercise areas.
We wish to appeal for cooperation from the local communities directly affected by the Exercise and Nigerians as a whole as we train future military leaders for our Armed Forces. You are please requested to use your medium to enlighten the general public, particularly the inhabitants of the aforementioned areas. While thanking you for your usual cooperation, please accept the esteemed regards of the Commandant, Nigerian Defence Academy.
BASHIR MUHAMMED JAJIRA
Academy Public Relations Officer
7 January 2022
Cover Of The Week
- Employment and Labour on Teboho Maruping resuming his duties as Unemployment Insurance Fund Commissioner January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eswatini: COVID-19 Daily Info Update (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Uganda: MPs approve Budget Framework Paper in readiness for FY 2022/23 Budget January 28, 2022
- Coronavirus - Eritrea: Announcement from the Ministry of Health (28 January 2022) January 28, 2022
- Consultant Moreea discusses progress of Hepatitis C treatment with Prime Minister January 28, 2022
- Tropical Storm Ana Hits hard five countries in the Southern Africa Region January 28, 2022
- UN delegation held meeting with Foreign Minister and Presidential Advisor January 28, 2022
- President Kenyatta's Meeting With Top Security Chiefs January 28, 2022
- Africities summit places urban-rural linkages at the heart of the debate January 28, 2022
- Qatar Ambassador to Cote d'Ivoire Lays Foundation Stone for Health Centre, Mosque Project in Cote d'Ivoire January 28, 2022
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
SYLVESTER OROMONI’S DEATH: DOWEN COLLEGE COMMITTED TO JUSTICE
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
IPGC ~ USA sets to Launch African Headquarters. Appoints Amb. Jonathan Ojadah as Head Of Mission, Africa
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Why I Dumped Ooni Of Ife- Queen Naomi Explains Marriage Breakup
society2 months ago
Lagos landlord pours ‘Sniper’ inside tenant’s apartment