NETNG Executive Editor/COO Jide Taiwo Resigns, Joins Boomplay As Chief Content Officer
After nearly three years at NET, journalist and media executive Jide Taiwo has left his role as Chief Operating Officer and has been named as the Chief Content Officer at Boomplay’s Buzz.
Jide joined TheNetng in 2016 as Executive Editor (Interactive) where his responsibility was creating and overseeing interactive content- byte-size videos, listicles, feature pieces. In February 2017, he was appointed as Group Editor for all NET titles- TheNetng, Neusroom, 234Star and ORIN. Working with a team of editors and content managers, he oversaw the growth of the audience by 600% across all platforms.
In March 2018, he was appointed as Chief Operating Officer Of NET News Ltd, which saw him combine roles as both editorial and business head; a position he held until the company was acquired by sister organization ID Africa in March 2019. Under his leadership, the company reached the highest revenue in its ten-year history.
Boomplay is Africa’s fastest growing music streaming and download service, with 45 million subscribers. In April 2019, the company raised $20 million to expand its services across the African continent. With a catalogue of over five million songs that is estimated to double after Boomplay inked major deals with global record companies Universal and Warner Music, it is the most important platform for Nigeria’s entertainment industry.
Buzz is Boomplay’s owned entertainment media platform, one which will create and distribute entertainment content of all formats- interviews, documentary series, feature films and so much more.
“I’m very pleased to be joining the Boomplay team as it is an incredible opportunity to expand further and do so much more. I’ve been a long time admirer of the work Boomplay has done so far and how it has created a seismic shift within Nigeria’s entertainment ecosystem. That said, there’s still more to do and I’m excited to get started,” he said.
Jide holds certifications in Digital Storytelling, Transmedia Storytelling and Community Journalism from the University of Birmingham, Sungkyunkwan University and Cardiff University respectively.
Progress photographs for palliative works along Itoikin-Ibefun-Ijebu Ode Road, Ogun State
4 police officers arrested over extrajudicial killing in Lagos
ALOGBA STEPS IN AS LAGOS’ 17TH CHIEF JUDGE, PLEDGES ‘SMART JUDICIARY’
OGSG DISTRIBUTES RELIEF MATERIALS TO FLOOD VICTIMS
Meet Thriving gospel artiste, Psalmist Grace Oluwadiya
Cover Of The Week
- The Uganda Rugby Cranes coach today named the team that will take on Zimbabwe on 24th August in Harare August 21, 2019
- United States of America Supports Ghana’s Fisheries and Coastal Environment Development Agenda August 21, 2019
- As risks of outbreaks grow, African health ministers agree to new response strategy August 21, 2019
- Africa today heads into the last mile to be free of wild polio August 21, 2019
- New CNPC Discovery Confirms South Sudan’s Immense Oil Potential August 21, 2019
- Rugby: Zimbabwe Sables Ready To Host Cranes August 21, 2019
- American Film “The Money Stone” makes its Africa premiere at Black Star International Film Festival August 21, 2019
- New Permanent Representative of South Africa presents Credentials August 21, 2019
- African Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) to attract $103 Billion in 2019 August 21, 2019
- Ambassador of Belarus Sergei Rachkov met with the Minister of State for Military Production of Egypt August 21, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others