NETNG Executive Editor/COO Jide Taiwo Resigns, Joins Boomplay As Chief Content Officer
After nearly three years at NET, journalist and media executive Jide Taiwo has left his role as Chief Operating Officer and has been named as the Chief Content Officer at Boomplay’s Buzz.
Jide joined TheNetng in 2016 as Executive Editor (Interactive) where his responsibility was creating and overseeing interactive content- byte-size videos, listicles, feature pieces. In February 2017, he was appointed as Group Editor for all NET titles- TheNetng, Neusroom, 234Star and ORIN. Working with a team of editors and content managers, he oversaw the growth of the audience by 600% across all platforms.
In March 2018, he was appointed as Chief Operating Officer Of NET News Ltd, which saw him combine roles as both editorial and business head; a position he held until the company was acquired by sister organization ID Africa in March 2019. Under his leadership, the company reached the highest revenue in its ten-year history.
Boomplay is Africa’s fastest growing music streaming and download service, with 45 million subscribers. In April 2019, the company raised $20 million to expand its services across the African continent. With a catalogue of over five million songs that is estimated to double after Boomplay inked major deals with global record companies Universal and Warner Music, it is the most important platform for Nigeria’s entertainment industry.
Buzz is Boomplay’s owned entertainment media platform, one which will create and distribute entertainment content of all formats- interviews, documentary series, feature films and so much more.
“I’m very pleased to be joining the Boomplay team as it is an incredible opportunity to expand further and do so much more. I’ve been a long time admirer of the work Boomplay has done so far and how it has created a seismic shift within Nigeria’s entertainment ecosystem. That said, there’s still more to do and I’m excited to get started,” he said.
Jide holds certifications in Digital Storytelling, Transmedia Storytelling and Community Journalism from the University of Birmingham, Sungkyunkwan University and Cardiff University respectively.
Saraki Expresses displeasure of the forfeiture of his properties to the Federal government
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin