Recently the Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (NICArb) meets with the Governor, Enugu State, H.E. Rt. Hon. (Dr.) Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
NICArb’s representatives led by one of its Vice President, and Governing Council member, Dr. Michael Ajogwu SAN, in company of the Registrar, and Chief Executive Officer, Mrs. Shola Oshodi-John FCArb, and an executive delegation from NICArb, Enugu Branch had a meeting with the Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi .
The delegation who met with the governor discussed the development of Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, ADR as a sustainable medium for Dispute Resolution in Enugu State and across the Eastern region.
The Registrar addressed the Governor’s commitment to promoting Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and peaceful co-existence in the State. The Governor supported the establishment of the Multi-Door Court House in Enugu State, and has been instrumental in ensuring the resolution of age-long disputes, including the Oruku and Umuode crises, which came to a halt with the intervention of the Governor.
The Governor is reputed for being the chief promoter of peace in the State and across Nigeria. He hosted the NICArb delegation, spoke about the fatherly role Dr. Michael Ajogwu, SAN, plays in Enugu state, and further explained his further commitment to dispute resolution and peaceful co-existence and governance in the state.
The Governor was accompanied by the Secretary to the State Government, Professor Simon Ortuanya and Honorable (Barr.) Chima Obieze, Chairman, House Committee on Works, Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
Other delegate led by the Registrar, Mrs. Shola Oshodi-John FCArb, under the direction of Dr. Michael Ajogwu SAN, had the following delegations on the side of NICArb: Mrs. Ifeoma E. Nwafor, FCArb, Principal Partner, IEN LEGAL ASSOCIATES/Lecturer, Faculty of Law Godfrey Okoye University; Dr. Emmanuel Okey Udaya, CNA, ACArb, Clerk of the House and Permanent Secretary, Enugu State House of Assembly; Barrister S. A. Okolo, Principal Partner, S. A. Okolo & Associates (Legal Practitioners); Barrister Mrs. Chinwe Nestor-Ezeme, Head Legal Services, Enugu State Internal Revenue Service; Barrister Timi Olagunju, Research and Programs, NICArb; Dr. Mrs. Obioma Chike-Okenyi, Legal Officer Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Secretary NICArb Enugu State; and Professor Mrs. Florence Orabueze, Head of Department, African Studies, University of Nigeria Nsukka; and Barrister Mrs. Nkechi Eneh, Executive Secretary Enugu, Enugu State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).
The Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (NICArb) has its branches across the states in Nigeria, and it is worthy of note that the Enugu state branch pioneered by the able leadership of Dr. Michael Ajogwu, has existed for over 20 years of NICArb’s 40 years.
Cover Of The Week
- Ambassador visits Peace Corps Volunteers January 17, 2020
- UN Child Rights Committee to review Austria, Belarus, Costa Rica, Hungary, Rwanda and State of Palestine January 17, 2020
- Tanzania will continue to uphold one-China policy January 17, 2020
- A passion for food wins contest on innovative thinking January 17, 2020
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), UN Restate Commitment to Peace, Security and Stability in West Africa January 17, 2020
- Visit to Tokyo by Amb. Macharia Kamau, MBS – Principal Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs January 17, 2020
- Prosper Africa: Registration Open, Tunis January 17, 2020
- Security Alert: Threats against Nigerien and Western Government Facilities and Locations Frequented by Westerners January 17, 2020
- UN finds that prospects for economic growth in 2020 hinge on reducing trade disputes and uncertainty January 17, 2020
- Federal Government of Somalia, U.S. conduct airstrike against al-Shabaab terrorists January 17, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria