Recently the Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (NICArb) meets with the Governor, Enugu State, H.E. Rt. Hon. (Dr.) Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
NICArb’s representatives led by one of its Vice President, and Governing Council member, Dr. Michael Ajogwu SAN, in company of the Registrar, and Chief Executive Officer, Mrs. Shola Oshodi-John FCArb, and an executive delegation from NICArb, Enugu Branch had a meeting with the Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi .
The delegation who met with the governor discussed the development of Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution, ADR as a sustainable medium for Dispute Resolution in Enugu State and across the Eastern region.
The Registrar addressed the Governor’s commitment to promoting Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and peaceful co-existence in the State. The Governor supported the establishment of the Multi-Door Court House in Enugu State, and has been instrumental in ensuring the resolution of age-long disputes, including the Oruku and Umuode crises, which came to a halt with the intervention of the Governor.
The Governor is reputed for being the chief promoter of peace in the State and across Nigeria. He hosted the NICArb delegation, spoke about the fatherly role Dr. Michael Ajogwu, SAN, plays in Enugu state, and further explained his further commitment to dispute resolution and peaceful co-existence and governance in the state.
The Governor was accompanied by the Secretary to the State Government, Professor Simon Ortuanya and Honorable (Barr.) Chima Obieze, Chairman, House Committee on Works, Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
Other delegate led by the Registrar, Mrs. Shola Oshodi-John FCArb, under the direction of Dr. Michael Ajogwu SAN, had the following delegations on the side of NICArb: Mrs. Ifeoma E. Nwafor, FCArb, Principal Partner, IEN LEGAL ASSOCIATES/Lecturer, Faculty of Law Godfrey Okoye University; Dr. Emmanuel Okey Udaya, CNA, ACArb, Clerk of the House and Permanent Secretary, Enugu State House of Assembly; Barrister S. A. Okolo, Principal Partner, S. A. Okolo & Associates (Legal Practitioners); Barrister Mrs. Chinwe Nestor-Ezeme, Head Legal Services, Enugu State Internal Revenue Service; Barrister Timi Olagunju, Research and Programs, NICArb; Dr. Mrs. Obioma Chike-Okenyi, Legal Officer Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Secretary NICArb Enugu State; and Professor Mrs. Florence Orabueze, Head of Department, African Studies, University of Nigeria Nsukka; and Barrister Mrs. Nkechi Eneh, Executive Secretary Enugu, Enugu State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).
The Nigerian Institute of Chartered Arbitrators (NICArb) has its branches across the states in Nigeria, and it is worthy of note that the Enugu state branch pioneered by the able leadership of Dr. Michael Ajogwu, has existed for over 20 years of NICArb’s 40 years.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Egypt: U.S. donates ventilators to support Egypt's COVID-19 response, strengthen intensive care unit (ICU) capacity August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: On International Day, UN chief spotlights indigenous peoples’ resilience in face of COVID-19 pandemic August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 9 August 2020, 6 pm EAT August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Liberia: U.S. Embassy Monrovia Update August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zimbabwe: Health Alert, New Lockdown Restrictions, and Commercial Flights August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Uganda: “I wish I could have some magic, I would just say let schools open right away" - Twelve-year-old Alex Abigail, Congolese refugee in Uganda August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: Update COVID-19 (8 August 2020) August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: Digital Birth Registrations August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: Somalia responds swiftly to measles outbreak in Jubaland State August 9, 2020
- Coronavirus: South Africa in line for first ever digital census August 9, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries