By Ifeoma Ikem
A notorious suspect has been arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command, who uses using tricycle to rob passengers along Ikeja Ogba road with his gangs member.
According to the suspect, we target those television staff whenever they have close from work
The 23 years old,Timileyin Adebayo, operate with two other suspects, now at large was on July 12, 2019, position themself as a passengers in tricycle, popularly called ‘keke Nap’, use sophisticated weapons to dispossess lady of their belongings.
In his confession the suspect said that they are four gang member that operate within the area to disposes victims of their valuable and l got N8,000:00 per every robbery operation I participated in with my gangs.
Also this operation was my fifth time with my gang since l joined them in July and for each of the operation, my share is N8,000:00
“No matter how much we make, that is what they gave me. I do not because I just joined the gang, they don’t treat me as one of them at all”.
He stated, “I was asked to join the gang by one of them after one of the gang member pulled out.
They had been operating for a long time before I joined them. I was a bus conductor, I had no job. They promised to assist me and that was when they invited me to join them.
We operate between Coca Cola-Ogba and Ikeja to Ogba. We use two knives and a short cutlass. I collect phones and other items from our victims”, he explained.
Speaking a victim, who is a television presenter, who speak.anonymous, said that around some few minutes past 10:00 p.m.on that faithful day I was standing at Coca Cola Bus Stop, Ikeja along Agigbi / Ogba road, to board a keke Nap, there is other’ Keke’ at bus stop, I decided to this particular because since about three passagers is inside already so that I will alight at Ogba. I never sense any danger although they were all men immediately the keke driver move to the road that linked to Wempco Road, the two passengers at the back and the one sitting in front brought out knives and point at me that I should cooperate or they will stab me to death .
“They collected my two phones, handbag,the jewelry i had on and with some cash and pushed me out of the tricycle and speed off”
“I was struggling to stand up to avoid vehicles coming behind not to hit me, a good samaritan who is on his bike assisted me, then we were on their tail we caught up with them in Akilo Road, and unfortunately for us, they used their ‘keke’ to hit us.”
It was at this point RRS patrol team saw us and chased the robbers. They abandoned their ‘keke’ and fled in different directions but they apprehended one of the gang. Items left inside the tricycle is dagger.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Adamu Muazu has directed the operatives to transfer the case to State CID office while hunting remaining suspects that is at large
26 years old Leader of notorious gang nabbed in Lagos
Apostle Suleman Inducted As Fellow of Nigerian Books of Record
Ekweremadu: LESSONS FROM NUREMBERG – Femi Fani-Kayode
Senate President condemns attack on Senator Ike Ekweremadu in Germany
THE PERSECUTION OF WINIFRED OYO-ITA …….by Princess Modupe Adedayo
Cover Of The Week
- Springbok Women qualify for 2021 Women’s Rugby World Cup August 18, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: South Africa defeated Kenya 39-0 on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- Women's Rugby World Cup African Qualifiers: Uganda drew 15-15 with Madagascar on Saturday in Johannesburg during the Rugby Africa Women’s Cup August 17, 2019
- More actors and funding urgently needed to curb deadly measles outbreak in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) August 16, 2019
- French Development Agency (AFD) and Namibian Association of CBNRM Support Organisations (NACSO) organise a workshop on Innovative Finance for Namibian Conservation Ecosystem August 16, 2019
- Displaced by DR Congo violence, survivors’ testimonies highlight brutality of armed militia August 16, 2019
- State Visit of President of the Republic of Zambia to India (August 20-22, 2019) August 16, 2019
- UN Volunteers play a critical role in the implementation of MINUSMA mandate in Northern Mali August 16, 2019
- WHO collaborates with Nigerian Government to update the country health workforce profile August 16, 2019
- Tackling child malnutrition (by Islamane Abdou) August 16, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime4 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others