By Ifeoma Ikem
A notorious suspect has been arrested by the operatives of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command, who uses using tricycle to rob passengers along Ikeja Ogba road with his gangs member.
According to the suspect, we target those television staff whenever they have close from work
The 23 years old,Timileyin Adebayo, operate with two other suspects, now at large was on July 12, 2019, position themself as a passengers in tricycle, popularly called ‘keke Nap’, use sophisticated weapons to dispossess lady of their belongings.
In his confession the suspect said that they are four gang member that operate within the area to disposes victims of their valuable and l got N8,000:00 per every robbery operation I participated in with my gangs.
Also this operation was my fifth time with my gang since l joined them in July and for each of the operation, my share is N8,000:00
“No matter how much we make, that is what they gave me. I do not because I just joined the gang, they don’t treat me as one of them at all”.
He stated, “I was asked to join the gang by one of them after one of the gang member pulled out.
They had been operating for a long time before I joined them. I was a bus conductor, I had no job. They promised to assist me and that was when they invited me to join them.
We operate between Coca Cola-Ogba and Ikeja to Ogba. We use two knives and a short cutlass. I collect phones and other items from our victims”, he explained.
Speaking a victim, who is a television presenter, who speak.anonymous, said that around some few minutes past 10:00 p.m.on that faithful day I was standing at Coca Cola Bus Stop, Ikeja along Agigbi / Ogba road, to board a keke Nap, there is other’ Keke’ at bus stop, I decided to this particular because since about three passagers is inside already so that I will alight at Ogba. I never sense any danger although they were all men immediately the keke driver move to the road that linked to Wempco Road, the two passengers at the back and the one sitting in front brought out knives and point at me that I should cooperate or they will stab me to death .
“They collected my two phones, handbag,the jewelry i had on and with some cash and pushed me out of the tricycle and speed off”
“I was struggling to stand up to avoid vehicles coming behind not to hit me, a good samaritan who is on his bike assisted me, then we were on their tail we caught up with them in Akilo Road, and unfortunately for us, they used their ‘keke’ to hit us.”
It was at this point RRS patrol team saw us and chased the robbers. They abandoned their ‘keke’ and fled in different directions but they apprehended one of the gang. Items left inside the tricycle is dagger.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Adamu Muazu has directed the operatives to transfer the case to State CID office while hunting remaining suspects that is at large
Why Ambrose Alli University Honored Prince Ned Nwoko
Musician are so much united those days,… Ebenezer Obey
UBA on a winning streak; Gets double recognition as best CSR Company in support of Education
UBA’s REDTV shuts down Lagos as over 25,000 Youths Attend Its Annual Rave
MR BIGG’S WINS “RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR” AWARD
Cover Of The Week
- Meeting with the management of the Zanzibar Police December 5, 2019
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs' Secretary-General Meets Libyan Official December 5, 2019
- Finland increases its support for the African Development Fund December 5, 2019
- Visit of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guineans Abroad of Guinea to India December 5, 2019
- United States and Egypt Launch Center of Excellence for Energy at Ain Shams University December 5, 2019
- Nj Ayuk Makes Top 100 Most Influential Africans List December 5, 2019
- 2019 African Economic Conference: Work as one and listen to the youth to create jobs for Africa’s next generation, delegates urge policymakers December 5, 2019
- German Government Commits US$128 Million To Health And Education Programmes With the East African Community (EAC) Secretariat December 5, 2019
- Angola set to attract even more foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2020 December 5, 2019
- World food prices jump in November December 5, 2019
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews6 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports5 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .