Connect with us

celebrity radar - gossips

Nyesome Wike’s Shocking Confession

Published

on

Wike invites Tinubu to commission projects in Rivers

Nyesome Wike’s Shocking Confession

Of a truth, the rich also cry! Nyesom Wike, the immediate past Rivers Governor, has disclosed some life-threatening scenarios he kept as secrets during his eight-year tenure.
The former Governor, in a special Thanksgiving service on Sunday organised by his family at the St. Peters Deanery, Rumuepirikom, Obio-Akpor, revealed that he was poisoned at the secretariat of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in December 2018.
 Nyesome Wike's Shocking Confession
He said the poison ravaged his internal organs, affecting his liver and kidneys and almost killed him but for God’s interventions.
Hundreds of dignitaries, who attended the service, listened in shock as the former Governor disclosed his kept secrets.
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu was represented at the event by Lagos Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
The service was attended by the Senate President Godswill Akpabio; Deputy Senate President, many senators, over 35 members of the House of Representatives, many former Governors, former ministers, royal fathers, captains of industries, the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) among other Very Important Persons (VIPs).
2023: Wike Reveals G5’s Next Course Of Action
Narrating how he almost died of poisoning, Wike said: “God was in charge, everybody who knew how we came to power in 2015, knew it was turbulent. But God saw us through. When you are in office, many people think things are going well with you. Nobody wants to find out the problems you are facing as a human.
“In December 2018, it was a day my former Chief of Staff was going to have Thanksgiving. I was to attend that Thanksgiving. From that Sunday I never came down from my room. It was bad. But those who attended the January 1st state banquet of 2019 will know that I never spoke that day. I just sat down there and told the Deputy Governor to speak on my behalf. I thought it was over”.
Wike invites Tinubu to commission projects in Rivers
Wike said he was flown to a hospital in Beirut at 12 midnight where doctors after running series of tests told him that his liver and kidney were all gone.
“I didn’t know I had been poisoned at our party’s secretariat”, he said adding that the doctors after some treatments returned and told him his organs had started working again.
He said the doctors discharged him after about a week and asked him to return home noting that he altered his itinerary during the campaigns for his second term.
The former Governor said everybody became a suspect as he decided that he would not enter any party leader’s home during the course of his campaigns.
He recalled that the second incident of God’s intervention in his life was when his wife called him during his presidential primary campaign and told him that she had been diagnosed of cancer.
Wike said he called the leaders in his campaign team including the G-5 Governors that there was a problem and he was planning to quit the race.
But he said his wife encouraged him to continue with his campaigns that all would be well.
The Governor also recalled that after the primary when he was on a trip to Abuja in the company of his wife, he got information that a mysterious fire gutted his wife’s room and destroyed everything she had as a woman.
Despite all the challenges, he said: “Being a strong woman, my wife never showed it. But today my wife is hale and hearty. The cancer incident was the one I knew that God had done all for me”.
Wike further recalled that on another occasion, God saved him and three other leaders from a plane crash.
He said while they were travelling to Abuja after the presidential primary, one of the engines of the aircraft exploded 15 minutes after take-off.
“15 minutes of take off at the airforce base, we heard an explosion. They locked the cockpit. One engine is gone and the pilot said it was safer to turn back to Port Harcourt. Before we landed there were many ambulances and fire service trucks lined up. We landed safely by the Grace of God. I didn’t tell anybody,” he said.
The former Governor said he kept most of the incidents secret to avoid frightening his supporters, who could begin to behave anyhow.
Wike said he decided to thank God for allowing a peaceful transition in Rivers and granting him victories in all the elections held in the state.
“Ask my colleague how they felt that their candidates didn’t make it as their successors. Even those not sworn-in yet started tormenting their predecessors. But nobody is tormenting me”.
The former governor said there was a gang-up in his party at the national level to arrest him if his decisions had failed adding that at some points his loyalists were scared that they would all be in trouble.
He disclosed that all the forms for all elections in the party were acquired by him noting that no candidate of the party paid a dime to buy forms.
“I paid for every form. Nobody would say he paid any money to buy forms from governorship to House of Assembly. We agreed to work as a team. In the House of Assembly only one form, Senate same. We didn’t want to have anything called post election crisis,” he said.
He said all the governorship aspirants signed an agreement drafted by the party elders that they would support the choice of the party for the governorship poll.
But Wike said: “When somebody was chosen, there was a gang-up. They moved to Abuja and started plotting how they would arrest me after winning at the centre. All evil plots against me failed.
“Those close to me were worried. But I told them to have faith they would not be finished. God never abandoned us.Today we have a governor, who is our successor. I don’t look back because I know I am protected everywhere”.
Wike disclosed why he supported Akpabio for Senate Presidency saying the former Akwa Ibom Governor defied criticisms to back his governorship ambition in 2015.
He said Akpabio donated N200m to his campaign adding that one good turn deserves another.
He said: “When I was running in 2014 and 2015 he came out and supported me. He gave me N200m for that election. That is why I said one good turn deserves another. I supported him this time and I thank God he won”.
Wike thanked all members of the G-5 and Integrity Group for the roles they played during the presidential election.

celebrity radar - gossips

General Buratai to deliver University of Ilorin’s distinguished personality lecture

Published

on

Tinubu’s ‘Renewed Hope’ Agenda: General Buratai Remains Loyal, Rebuffs Misinformation – Engr Hassan

General Buratai to deliver University of Ilorin’s distinguished personality lecture

 

​The Department of Criminology and Security Studies at the University of Ilorin has announced that a former Chief of Army Staff and former Ambassador to the Republic of Benin, Ambassador Lt. General (Rtd) Tukur Buratai (CFR), will deliver its prestigious Distinguished Personality Lecture.

 

​The lecture is scheduled to take place on Saturday, 23rd May 2026, at the University Auditorium by 10:00 a.m. The Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Wahab Olasupo Egbewole (SAN), is expected to be the Chief Host, while Dr. Monsurat Isiaka (Ph.D.), Head of the Department, will serve as Host.

 

​Buratai, who brings a wealth of unmatched experience from his military and diplomatic service, will be speaking on the critical theme: “The Armed Forces of Nigeria and National Security: The Youth and National Aspirations.”

 

​The lecture aims to foster critical conversation about Nigeria’s future security landscape, the pivotal role of the armed forces in national stability, and the interplay between national aspirations and the country’s youth population.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

From Global Stages to Public Service: Media Mogul Fidelis Duker Officially Joins House of Reps Race for Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South

Published

on

From Global Stages to Public Service: Media Mogul Fidelis Duker Officially Joins House of Reps Race for Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South

 

CALABAR, NIGERIA – Renowned media practitioner, veteran filmmaker, and global cultural ambassador, Fidelis Duker, has officially declared his intention to run for the Federal House of Representatives, representing the Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar South Federal Constituency.

In a definitive move that bridges the gap between international enterprise and grassroots governance, the Henshaw Town-born pioneer has successfully picked up his Expression of Interest (EOI) form under the platform of the NNigeria Democratic Congress (NDC).

Duker’s entry into the legislative race brings an unprecedented level of global exposure and professional pedigree to Cross River State’s political landscape. For over three decades, he has stood as a towering figure in Africa’s creative economy.

As the founder of the Abuja International Film Festival West Africa’s longest-running film festival, and the Regional Secretary General for the Federation of Pan African Filmmakers (FEPACI), Duker has consistently flown Nigeria’s flag at prestigious international fora worldwide. From presenting the brilliance of African storytelling at the legendary Cannes Film Festival in France to driving strategic industry dialogues across Europe and Africa, his extensive global travels have positioned him as a master of international relations and resource mobilization.

“Our constituency does not suffer from a lack of potential; it suffers from a lack of structured, globally competitive representation,” Duker stated following the collection of his nomination documents. “My career has been defined by creating wealth, building platforms, and placing Nigerian talent on the world map. I am stepping into this race to deploy that exact same global network, corporate discipline, and innovative leadership to bring sustainable development, youth empowerment, and infrastructure to Akpabuyo, Bakassi, and Calabar South.”

Duker’s visionary campaign is backed by an elite, multi-disciplinary educational background curated from top-tier local and international institutions. He holds credentials from the prestigious Nigerian Institute of Journalism and Crawford University, alongside advanced professional training from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). His world-class expertise in broadcasting and mass communications was further sharpened at the globally acclaimed BBC Training Academy and the Deutsche Welle Training Akademie, complementing his academic roots at the Cross River University of Technology.

As the Chief Executive Officer of FAD Media Productions—the powerhouse behind FAD 93.1 FM Calabar, FAD FM 101.3 Abuja and FAD 360 TV, Duker is already one of the largest private-sector employers of youth in Cross River State. His legislative blueprint vows to replicate this success on a macro scale by introducing bills that will be tech-driven youth development projects, positioning bills that will attract foreign direct investment to the constituency’s coastal assets, and ensuring uncompromising transparency in the execution of constituency projects.

The NDC leadership and various community support groups have warmly received his candidacy, describing it as a breath of fresh air and a critical step toward elevating the constituency to international standards of governance and economic growth.

Continue Reading

celebrity radar - gossips

Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis

Published

on

Ileya Tonic : King Saheed Osupa Announces New 2-in-1 Album, Acapella & Metamorphosis

By Alhaji Arems (Baba Fuji)

 

 

Veteran Fuji musician King Saheed Osupa is set to release a new 2-in-1 album titled Acapella & Metamorphosis on May 26, 2026.

The announcement was revealed through promotional materials shared across the singer’s official social media pages, where anticipation has already started building among longtime fans of the Fuji icon. The artwork for the project presents Osupa in a calm and regal setting, matching the mature image he has maintained throughout his career.

While full details about the tracklist and featured artists are yet to be officially released, the title of the project has already sparked conversations online. “Metamorphosis” suggests a new phase or evolution, while “Acapella” hints at a more raw or expressive musical direction. Together, both titles point toward a project that may combine classic Fuji elements with a refreshed sound and message.

Over the years, Osupa has remained one of the most respected voices in Fuji music, known for his deep lyrical style, cultural storytelling, and loyal fanbase across Nigeria and beyond. Even as the music industry continues to evolve, the singer has maintained strong relevance, especially among audiences who appreciate traditional Yoruba-rooted sounds blended with contemporary production.

The decision to release a 2-in-1 album also stands out at a time when many artists are focusing on shorter projects and singles. For established acts like Osupa, larger releases often serve as a statement of longevity, consistency, and artistic confidence.

Fans have continued to react positively to the announcement online, with many already counting down to the release date. The project is expected to arrive on major streaming platforms including Spotify, Apple Music, Audiomack, Boomplay, YouTube Music, TIDAL, and Deezer.

With the official release now scheduled for May 26, listeners will be watching closely to see what King Saheed Osupa delivers on Acapella & Metamorphosis and whether the project marks another defining moment in his long-running career.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending