Interestingly, the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has offered Miss. Akintola Esther Modupe, the best graduating student of the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, automatic employment.
Miss Akintola graduated with a cumulative average grade of 3.90 out of the maximum 4.0
She would commence work immediately after her mandatory one year national youth service scheme.
Prince Abiodun made this known at the 40th anniversary and 19th convocation ceremony of the polytechnic, held in the school premises on Wednesday.
The governor said that the decision to offer the best graduating student an automatic employment was done to encourage others to do more.
The governor commended the management of the institution for producing the new set of graduates whom he said would join the league of qualified human resources for the continued development of the State, saying that it is important that schools, parents, government, and other stakeholders match the school curriculum with the development needs of the society.
Abiodun noted that his administration would continue to give education the priority that it deserves.
He added that the state remains committed to providing qualitative education for children in the State, irrespective of their location, gender or social status.
“Our administration remains committed to give education the priority it deserves. We remain committed to providing qualitative education for children in the State, irrespective of their location, gender or social status.
“Our belief is that a well educated citizenry would not only be useful to himself or herself, but will also contribute positively to the development of our dear State. This is the underlining message of the ‘Building our Future Together’ agenda,” he said.
The governor used the occasion to inform the gathering that his administration since it assumed office has resolved the issues at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, and the embattled Tai-Solarin College of Education (TASCE), Omu, Ijebu, adding that the state government has set up a Government Delivery Unit for education in the state.
The governor, while acknowledging other awardees, said that their respective awards were in recognition of their various contributions to the development of humanity, reminding them that the awards were a call to higher service and more responsibilities.
In his welcome address, the Rector of the Polytechnic, Arc. Olusegun Aluko noted that the institution, which was celebrating its 40 years of establishment and its 19th convocation ceremony and conferment of honorary fellowship of the institution on three notable citizens of the country had gone through a tough period to end at its present state of excellence.
He disclosed that the three notable citizens to be conferred with honorary fellowship of the institution include the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi, Olu of Ilaro and paramount ruler of Yewaland, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle and the Otunba Olu of Ilaro, Dr. Anthony Ibikunle, who was instrumental to the establishment of Music and Art and Design Departments of the institution.
Aluko however, disclosed that the institution would not rest on its oars as plans are underway to introduce twelve new programs, start the award of degree certificates in affiliation with two reputable institutions in the country, even as he urged the graduands not to rely only on their paper qualifications, but the skills they acquired through the various entrepreneurship programs of the institution.
He commended the governor for gracing the occasion, saying that his presence was the first time in fifteen years that a sitting governor will be attending the convocation program of the institution.
In his address, the visitor to the institution, President Muhammadu Buhari, who was represented by Dr. Joel Ojo, said that the ceremony was a time to take stock of the institution’s challenges and reward excellence.
He added that the Federal Government was committed to growing the sector by providing funding through Tetfund.
While congratulating the graduands, he urged them to be creative and embrace the role of a change agent to make the country better.
He called on the Alumni of the institution to embark on meaningful projects by way of endowment fund for the development of the polytechnic.
Pastor Ize-Iyamu Mocks Edo PDP
The Last Dance of Akinlade/APM Legal Gambit: Time Will Tell
HOW TO STOP FUTURE OTA TOLL GATE DISASTERS – GOV ABIODUN
Delta Muslim Community Visits Labour Minister, Festus Kayamo At Home
Adeshewa Bedspreads and Duvet rolls out Christmas Promo
Cover Of The Week
- Young people take over offices of UNICEF and Uganda Human Rights Commission as they celebrate World Children’s Day November 18, 2019
- The European Union (EU) Ambassador visits Seychelles for the second time in one month: A second visit focused on Maritime Security and Climate Change November 18, 2019
- UNAMID Joint Special Representative to hold press conference in Khartoum November 18, 2019
- Children’s rights progress in the Middle East and North Africa despite lasting inequality and conflict November 18, 2019
- $1 Million Awarded to African Entrepreneurs in Grand Finale of the Jack Ma Foundation Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative November 17, 2019
- Ethiopia celebrated at World Travel Market November 15, 2019
- Democratic Republic of Congo and IMF Mission Reach an Agreement ad-referendum on Financial Assistance Under the Rapid Credit Facility and a Staff-Monitored Program November 15, 2019
- Foreign Minister Shahid pays a courtesy call on the Prime Minister of Morocco November 15, 2019
- Undersecretary of Ministry of Foreign Affairs for International Affairs meets in Washington with Deputy National Security Advisor for MENA at WHNSC November 15, 2019
- Emergency Response Project for Displaced Communities in Niger Concludes Amid Deteriorating Security Situation November 15, 2019
Business7 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics6 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Interviews5 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin
Sports4 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today