The Ogun State Government has set up a committee to review the contracts and projects embarked upon by the immediate past government in the twilight of its administration.
In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tokunbo Talabi, the committee is to be chaired by Engr. Adekunle Mokuolu (NSE President) while the Director, Planning, Research and Statistics, Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Sunday Adeyemi will serve as the Secretary.
The committee is expected to carry out the assignment in line with the following terms of reference:
- To identify all outstanding significant construction/projects in the State.
- To ascertain whether or not there was budgetary provision for the projects in the Budget Estimates for the year under review.
- To ascertain the process of award of contracts in line with the established procedures and necessary regulations.
- To determine the level of execution and quality of output of the projects.
- To assess the disbursement pattern in line with the established process and procedure.
- To recommend any viable pathways for the completion of project, or in alternative, determine other actions including, but not limited to reversal or cancellation of the contract that best align with the intent of the State Government.
- To advise Government appropriately on such other matters considered necessary by the Committee on these projects.
Other Committee members include;
i. Oshiberu Remi (Civil/Structural)
ii. Dunni Opayemi (Architect)
iii. Ade Akinsanya (Civil Engineer)
iv. Jamiu Akande Omoniyi (Special Adviser, Housing)
v. Fari Bayo (Quantity Surveyor)
vi. Dipeolu Kayode (Quantity Surveyor)
vii. John Obafemi (Quantity Surveyor)
viii. Mr. A.A Oyefeso (Legal Counsel)
ix. Akinlabi Oluyomi (Archiect)
Secretary to the State Government
Cover Of The Week
- Zimbabwe ready to host & showcase itself at sustainable development forum: Minister January 21, 2020
- Declaration by the High Representative Josep Borrell on behalf of the EU on South Sudan January 21, 2020
- Du Plessis, Davids to add speed to Blitzboks team January 21, 2020
- Keynote Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina at the UK-Africa Investment Summit, “Sustainable Infrastructure Forum” January 21, 2020
- Accelerating innovation to attain Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030 January 21, 2020
- Chinese Ambassador to Kenya Wu Peng attended Chinese New Year Gala January 21, 2020
- 71st Republic Day of India January 21, 2020
- Health should not be a privilege for the rich—the right to health belongs to everyone January 21, 2020
- Kobs Shine as Warriors Register First League Loss January 21, 2020
- Supply of healthcare kits by the Italian Cooperation in Niger January 21, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria