The Ogun State Government has set up a committee to review the contracts and projects embarked upon by the immediate past government in the twilight of its administration.
In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tokunbo Talabi, the committee is to be chaired by Engr. Adekunle Mokuolu (NSE President) while the Director, Planning, Research and Statistics, Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Engr. Sunday Adeyemi will serve as the Secretary.
The committee is expected to carry out the assignment in line with the following terms of reference:
- To identify all outstanding significant construction/projects in the State.
- To ascertain whether or not there was budgetary provision for the projects in the Budget Estimates for the year under review.
- To ascertain the process of award of contracts in line with the established procedures and necessary regulations.
- To determine the level of execution and quality of output of the projects.
- To assess the disbursement pattern in line with the established process and procedure.
- To recommend any viable pathways for the completion of project, or in alternative, determine other actions including, but not limited to reversal or cancellation of the contract that best align with the intent of the State Government.
- To advise Government appropriately on such other matters considered necessary by the Committee on these projects.
Other Committee members include;
i. Oshiberu Remi (Civil/Structural)
ii. Dunni Opayemi (Architect)
iii. Ade Akinsanya (Civil Engineer)
iv. Jamiu Akande Omoniyi (Special Adviser, Housing)
v. Fari Bayo (Quantity Surveyor)
vi. Dipeolu Kayode (Quantity Surveyor)
vii. John Obafemi (Quantity Surveyor)
viii. Mr. A.A Oyefeso (Legal Counsel)
ix. Akinlabi Oluyomi (Archiect)
Secretary to the State Government
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Peace Airline Boss, Allen Onyema Honors As Lagos Ikeja City Award’s MAN OF PEACE
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin