The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has described the Olota of Ota, Oba Abdulkabir Obalanlege as an embodiment of intellect, knowledge and intelligence, whose reign in the last one year had not only brought peace into the community, but had brought about the development the town is currently enjoying as a result of the cordial relationship between the traditional council and the state government.
Prince Abiodun who made this known at the 1st year coronation anniversary of the Olota of Ota, said that the present administration in the state was poised to restore the traditional institution in Ogun state to its rightful position, describing the traditional institution as worthy partners in progress.
He noted that the path to ensuring the restoration of the traditional institution to its place of pride was prepared through the constitution of a committee to review the promotion of traditional rulers that was done at the twilight of the past administration, adding that his government would continue to partner and cooperate with the traditional institution.
Abiodun disclosed that the traditional rulers being the closest to the people would soon have opportunities to participate in the good governance of his administration, reiterating his government’s readiness to provide a focused and qualitative governance.
“We know that they are the closest to our people and these administration is putting different things in place to ensure that our kings fully participate, not only in our good governance, but also in helping us achieve peace and security at the local government level.
“Our vision remains that which is to provide a focused and qualitative governance, while creating a Public Private Sector partnership which we believe is fundamental to the economic growth of these state, and when you have economic growth, you have individual prosperity,” he said.
In his remarks, the Olota of Ota, Oba Obalanlege called on the governor to bridge the gaps between the other sections of the state and Aworiland, saying that while bridges and flyovers were all over other sections, the Iyana- Ilogbo road that links Abeokuta to Ota remains a death trap that needs urgent attention, while the road from Atan-Ota to Agbara begs for attention.
He applauded the Prince Dapo Abiodun led government for setting up a Chieftaincy Review Committee to look into the recent upgrade and promotion of kings, urging the governor to ensure that justice and fairness prevails.
Saraki Expresses displeasure of the forfeiture of his properties to the Federal government
Sagamites Club Announce Business Support Initiative
Regina Daniels hubby, Prince Ned Nwoko Splashes Millions on 50 Entrepreneurs
IMF supports the Closure of the Nigerian border- Minister of Finance
Nigeria Wont Progress Until They Apologize To Igbo’s”- Femi Fani Kayode
Cover Of The Week
- Massey Ferguson lends support to South Africa’s emerging farmers October 22, 2019
- Telecoming will attend AfricaCom 2019 to present the new digital entertainment offer October 22, 2019
- Health clinic gets a new roof in rural Mozambique October 21, 2019
- Egyptian Ambassador calls on Deputy Foreign Minister October 21, 2019
- UN Deputy Secretary-General's remarks at launch of the Ethiopian Chapter of the African Women Leaders Network October 21, 2019
- 9th Meeting of the Steering Committee of the United Nations Integrated Strategy for the Sahel (UNISS) October 21, 2019
- Airtel Africa announces partnership with Ecobank Group to allow Airtel Money customers to improve their access to mobile financial services October 21, 2019
- Report: National Situation Analysis of Children and Women in Ethiopia October 21, 2019
- South Sudan: Troika Statement, October 2019 October 21, 2019
- KnowBe4 Africa goes continental with Cyber Security Africa October 21, 2019
Business6 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Politics5 months ago
RT. HON. TUNJI EGBETOKUN: THE SCANVENGER AND ACHILLE’S HEEL OF EX GOVERNORS
Crime6 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others
Interviews4 months ago
“Mko, Adedibu, Oba Abimbola Jibola and I were the Key Players Behind June 12”-Chief Abimbola Aboderin