The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun has described the Olota of Ota, Oba Abdulkabir Obalanlege as an embodiment of intellect, knowledge and intelligence, whose reign in the last one year had not only brought peace into the community, but had brought about the development the town is currently enjoying as a result of the cordial relationship between the traditional council and the state government.
Prince Abiodun who made this known at the 1st year coronation anniversary of the Olota of Ota, said that the present administration in the state was poised to restore the traditional institution in Ogun state to its rightful position, describing the traditional institution as worthy partners in progress.
He noted that the path to ensuring the restoration of the traditional institution to its place of pride was prepared through the constitution of a committee to review the promotion of traditional rulers that was done at the twilight of the past administration, adding that his government would continue to partner and cooperate with the traditional institution.
Abiodun disclosed that the traditional rulers being the closest to the people would soon have opportunities to participate in the good governance of his administration, reiterating his government’s readiness to provide a focused and qualitative governance.
“We know that they are the closest to our people and these administration is putting different things in place to ensure that our kings fully participate, not only in our good governance, but also in helping us achieve peace and security at the local government level.
“Our vision remains that which is to provide a focused and qualitative governance, while creating a Public Private Sector partnership which we believe is fundamental to the economic growth of these state, and when you have economic growth, you have individual prosperity,” he said.
In his remarks, the Olota of Ota, Oba Obalanlege called on the governor to bridge the gaps between the other sections of the state and Aworiland, saying that while bridges and flyovers were all over other sections, the Iyana- Ilogbo road that links Abeokuta to Ota remains a death trap that needs urgent attention, while the road from Atan-Ota to Agbara begs for attention.
He applauded the Prince Dapo Abiodun led government for setting up a Chieftaincy Review Committee to look into the recent upgrade and promotion of kings, urging the governor to ensure that justice and fairness prevails.
I visit my town regularly, media report suggesting otherwise is misleading – Boroffice
OGUN GOVT TO PARTNER CHINESE COMPANY IN REPOSITIONING AGRICULTURE – ABIODUN
Abuja Aglow as World Presidents, Dignitaries, Celebrities set for Africa’s Biggest Event -#theUBAMarketplace2019
Access Bank UK Balance Sheet up 36% as Polo Day Pledges N350m for Children in Education
Fasoranti’s Daughter : The greatest danger to Nigeria are not the Fulani terrorists but treacherous Yoruba slaves- Femi-Fani Kayode Blasts Tinubu
Cover Of The Week
- World Health Organization (WHO) scales up activities in Burkina Faso in response to worsening humanitarian situation July 15, 2019
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Ministry of Higher Education, American University in Cairo (AUC) Inaugurate Centers for Career Development at Zagazig University July 15, 2019
- Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) lab reviews progress towards sustainable development goals July 15, 2019
- Fly, Stay, Earn - Marriott International And Emirates Strengthen Partnership With Relaunch Of Your World Rewards July 15, 2019
- July 17 Briefing on West Africa ― Public Health after the 2014-2016 Ebola Outbreak, with U.S. CDC's Center for Global Health Director Dr. Rebecca Martin July 15, 2019
- Canon Discovery Week continues in Nairobi, with in-store discounts throughout July to further develop relationship with customers July 15, 2019
- Moving the 2019 Total Africa Cup of Nations July 15, 2019
- Global Premium Smartphone TECNO Wins Africa Information Technology & Telecoms Awards (AITTA)Phone of the Year 2019 July 15, 2019
- Communities urged to support survivors of sexual violence rather than blaming and shaming them (by Filip Andersson) July 15, 2019
- IOM Outraged By Somalia Terrorist Attack July 15, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business2 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others