The Ogun State Government has reiterated its unalloyed commitment to the fight against trafficking in persons.
This was contained in an address delivered on Friday by the Deputy Governor of the State, Engr Noimot Salako-Oyedele who represented the Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun at the Inauguration of the Ogun State Taskforce Team on Human Trafficking.
The Deputy Governor stated that as a responsible government, Governor Abiodun’s Administration was focused on bringing to an end, criminal activities threatening insecurity such as child abuse and human trafficking.
Engr Salako-Oyedele, who expressed confidence that the Taskforce Team would corroborate operations of the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons, NAPTIP, mentioned a few of the efforts made by the State Government to curb the crime.
These efforts include the domestication of relevant Acts and Laws; Agency empowerment; and goal-driven partnership with stakeholders.
The Team, according to the Government, will be functioning to execute control strategies against human trafficking, as well as reintegrate already trafficked persons into society with a means to survive independently and legitimately.
Governor Abiodun, through his Deputy, called on the good people of Ogun State to make available, all needed support to the Team, as they diligently carry out their duties for security and collective development.
Cover Of The Week
- Coronavirus - Africa: WHO COVID-19 Africa Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - South Africa: Science and Innovation on plan for South Africa to achieve population immunity against Coronavirus COVID-19 October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 reported cases in Ethiopia (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (30 September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 Daily Information Update (30th September 2020) October 1, 2020
- Statement from Dr Matshidiso Moeti, World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Director for Africa, on Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Allegations in the North Kivu Ebola Response October 1, 2020
- Human rights defenders from Iran and Belarus among 2020 Right Livelihood Laureates October 1, 2020
- Webb Fontaine Awarded ‘Certificate of Appreciation’ by Ethiopian Customs Commission for Successful Launch of Electronic Customs Management System October 1, 2020
- World Coffee Day: Nestlé Helps Boost Coffee Production in Africa October 1, 2020
- 60 Years After Independence Nigeria’s Energy Industry Hasn’t Realized Its Promise — But It’s Getting Closer (By NJ Ayuk) September 30, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips4 weeks ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro1 month ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports4 weeks ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
BREAKING: Names of the Three Cabin Crew Revealed As Third Person Onboard Helicopter Crash Dies In Hospital