The Ogun State Government has paid the sum of Four Billion, Eight Hundred Million Naira (N4.8 billion) as monthly pensions between January and June 2019, to make life more meaningful for the pensioners.
The Permanent Secretary, Bureau of State Pensions, Mrs. Funmilayo Dada disclosed this during an oversight visit of the House of Assembly Committee on Public Service Matters to the Office of the Head of Service, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, saying pensioners in the State had been enjoying prompt payment of pensions since the Prince Dapo Abiodun –led administration came on board.
Remarking, the House Committee members commended the Bureau for the successes recorded, urging the State government to ensure payment of outstanding gratuity of retirees for them to enjoy the fruits of their labour.
The Committee on Public Service Matters was led by Hon. Modupe Mujota
Cover Of The Week
- Conquerors Ladies crowned 2020 Ghana Rugby Women's Champions February 16, 2020
- Hard work ahead for SA’s Guinness PRO14 sides February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League: Transcripts of NBA players’ reactions at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Vodacom Super Rugby Review – Round 3 February 16, 2020
- Basketball Africa League announces the 12 teams that will compete in Inaugural Season February 16, 2020
- Africa: Transcript of NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's Press Conference at NBA All-Star 2020 (Saturday February 15, 2020) February 16, 2020
- Stop Locusts In East Africa Now Or Pay Much More To Help People Later – World Food Programme (WFP) February 14, 2020
- MINUSMA condemns the attack on Ogossagou February 14, 2020
- Four countries in the African region license vaccine in milestone for Ebola prevention February 14, 2020
- Luxury lifestyle platform Lux Afrique appoints APO Group as their global public relations agency February 14, 2020
celebrity radar - gossips2 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK CELEBRATES D’TIGRESS ON BACK-TO-BACK AFROBASKET CHAMPIONSHIP VICTORY
Sports6 months ago
ZENITH BANK HAILS D’TIGRESS ON QUARTERFINAL QUALIFICATION
Sports5 months ago
Winners emerge in the 2019 Nigerian and African Freestyle Football Championship