Connect with us

Politics

Ogun reassures residents of adequate security, denies seeking help from Sunday Igboho

Published

on

The Ogun State government has refuted reports in a national daily and some social media platform insinuating that it had enlisted the help of Mr. Sunday Adeyemo, aka Sunday Igboho, to combat crimes in the state. This was just as it reiterated its commitment to the security of all residents and properties in the state.

 

The government made its position known in a statement issued by the State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Alhaji Abdulwaheed Odusile, in Abeokuta, the state capital, on Monday.
Refuting the news report credited to Hon. Remmy Hazzan, the Special Adviser on Public Communication to Governor Dapo Abiodun, Odusile noted that his (Hazzans) virtual interview with a reporter had been quoted out of context and twisted to achieve sensational effects.

 

 

 

The statement said: “In the interview, Hon Hazzan had said that the state government, in its usual inclusive approach to governance, would continue to work with all the stakeholders, both within and outside the state, to ensure security of lives and properties. Sadly, however, this statement was disingeniously twisted to mean that the State had invited Mr. Adeyemo to help curb insecurity. This is regrettable and totally misleading.

Prince Dapo Abiodun’s Administration, since inception, has been known to be inclusive in its approach, always collaborating and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders. Security is no exception, resulting in the achievement of the enviable status and recognition as most secure state in the country by many organisations, including the recent Award by Business Day Newspaper, among others.”

Outlining the steps taken by the Abiodun administration to secure life and property in the state, Odusile said: “Upon assuming office, this Administration restructured the Ogun State Security Trust Fund and put the critical stakeholders (private sector) at the driving seat; strengthened the engagement with security agencies in the State and provided them with 100 Hilux patrol vehicles, 200 motorcycles and equipment to make them more effective and efficient; partnered with other South-West States to set up the Amotekun Security Network; appointed two Special Assistants ( on ethnic relations) to ensure smooth interface with non-indigenes on a wide variety of issues, including security; among other stakeholder-driven initiatives.

“This constant stakeholders’ engagement approach runs through all the government activities and programmes. Therefore, Hon. Remmy Hazzan’s statement of working with stakeholders within and outside the state should be viewed within this context.

For avoidance of doubt, Ogun State Government will continue to deploy all constitutionally sanctioned means to fight crimes and criminals in the state, including working with institutions that the constitution and other statutes have saddled with the responsibility of protection of lives and properties.

“At all times, the Government will ensure that all security agencies and indeed all stakeholders operate within the ambit of the law and will neither welcome nor endorse any initiative that amounts to self-help or is outside the contemplation of the constitution, which is the grundnorm binding on all governments and persons in the country.”

The statement added that the government would continue to attract and welcome all those with legitimate reasons to live, work and even play in the State, saying that it is home to all Nigerians and foreigners alike.

However, the Government hastens to add that the State will not be conducive for any group or individual that undermines the peace, security and social wellbeing of the State as the Government has directed the security agencies to be unrelenting in swiftly apprehending and bringing to justice any perpetrator of crimes and criminalities in the state.

The government, once again, thanks and enjoins our community and religious leaders as well as other stakeholders to continue to cooperate with the government and security agencies in the joint task of ridding the state of all forms of crimes.

The Government advised the residents to continue to go about their normal businesses, the statement concluded.

Politics

APC’s Coming Since 2015 Made Young Nigerians Lose Hope In Their Country– Ralph Nwosu

Published

on

APC’s Coming Since 2015 Made Young Nigerians Lose Hope In Their Country– Ralph Nwosu

 

 

Founding National Chairman of the main opposition African Democratic Congress (ADC), Chief Ralph Nwosu, has decried that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) administration had made millions of young Nigerians at home and in the Diaspora to lose hope in their country.

Chief Nwosu, an exemplary Igbo leader with a sort of integrity that is difficult to find in the political circle in Nigeria, made this assertion while speaking at the launch of the “Rise Up Naija Media Campaign” on Thursday, at the party’s national secretariat in Abuja.

Nwosu, who has recently been described in several quarters as the hero of democracy in Nigeria for keeping the ADC firm as a vehicle for the opposition coalition despite several attempts of threats and inducements from the ruling APC, stated that, “The APC has made this country almost hopeless for Nigerians, especially the young people. We are going to make things right. There is nothing good that comes without challenges. When you expect challenges, it helps you navigate them better.”

Similarly, the Publicity Secretary of the ADC, Bolaji Abdullahi, affirmed that the only factor holding the APC together was political power.

Abdullahi, who spoke at the event, stated that the ruling party would collapse without access to power.

Abdullahi criticised APC’s style of politics, saying Nigeria could overcome its present challenges when the ADC takes over power in 2027.

His words: “We are going to get out of the kind of politics we play today, but it depends on what we do going forward. Our failure has always been that we never think about what happens to this country after us. We have never thought about the next generation.”

According to him, the ADC was founded on ethics, principles, and egalitarianism, insisting that the party’s identity was bigger than any individual.

He said the party was determined to tackle insecurity, corruption, and poor leadership when elected into power in 2027.

“How do we stop APC from returning to power in 2027? How do we end banditry? These are questions we must answer going forward,” he added.

Continue Reading

Politics

ADC PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES: AFA IGBO EFUNA WORLDWIDE ENDORSES H.E. ATIKU ABUBAKAR

Published

on

2023: Atiku Speaks On His Relationship With Kwankwaso, Obi

ADC PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES: AFA IGBO EFUNA WORLDWIDE ENDORSES H.E. ATIKU ABUBAKAR

 

Afa Igbo Efuna Worldwide, a leading socio-cultural and political advocacy organization dedicated to the unity, progress, and empowerment of Ndi Igbo worldwide, proudly announces its endorsement of His Excellency Atiku Abubakar to emerge as the Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC) in the party primaries scheduled for May 25, 2026.

Following extensive consultations with community stakeholders, traditional leaders, professionals, youth representatives, women groups, and members of the diaspora, Afa Igbo Efuna Worldwide has resolved to support the candidacy of Atiku Abubakar based on his demonstrated commitment to national unity, economic revitalization, inclusive governance, and democratic advancement.

Nigeria is in urgent need of a visionary leadership capable of addressing the nation’s economic challenges, insecurity, unemployment, and growing social divisions. We firmly believe that Atiku Abubakar, as the Presidential Candidate of the ADC, possesses the experience, competence, and national reach required to reposition Nigeria for sustainable growth and stability.

Our organization acknowledges his longstanding advocacy for restructuring, national integration, youth empowerment, private sector development, and equitable opportunities for all Nigerians irrespective of ethnicity, religion, or region.

Afa Igbo Efuna Worldwide, therefore, calls on Nigerians, particularly Ndi Igbo across the globe, to support the emergence of H.E. Atiku Abubakar as the Presidential Candidate of the African Democratic Congress (ADC).

We further call on Nigerians, particularly Ndi Igbo, to participate actively in the democratic process with peace, patriotism, unity, and a shared commitment to national progress and the advancement of a better Nigeria for all.

This endorsement reflects our confidence in a leadership vision centered on unity, economic transformation, justice, and inclusive governance for a better Nigeria.

We firmly believe that H.E. Atiku Abubakar embodies and promotes the ideals highlighted above, demonstrating a strong commitment to national development, democratic values, and the collective progress of all Nigerians.

Signed:
Mazi Nzubechi Maduagwu,
Publicity Secretary General,
Afa Igbo Efuna Worldwide

Continue Reading

Politics

Lagos Majority Leader Alleges Plans To Manipulate Primary Election Results

Published

on

Lagos Majority Leader Alleges Plans To Manipulate Primary Election Results

 

The majority leader of the Lagos House of Assembly, Noheem Adams, on Friday raised alarm over alleged plans by some people to manipulate the result of the primary election that produced him as a candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

 

Adams reportedly won the primary election of the party to produce a candidate for the House of Assembly in Eti-Osa Constituency 1 on Wednesday after polling 7,638 against his opponent’s 1225 votes.

 

Speaking to thousands of APC supporters during a Victory March, Adams said accused a top monarch (name withheld) in Eti-Osa of being behind the plan to doctor the result in favour of Saheed Adesegun Bankole, who was defeated in the election.

 

“I want you all very much for the love and passion you have for me and APC. Today is what we call victory walk. We started from VGC with over 4000 APC members. Even inside the rain you stood your ground and you are here to protect your mandate.

 

“Thank you very much for voting for me. I won the election throughout our wards and the INEC officials, DSS and police personnel were there and even the agents of our opponent were there as well.

 

“Let me put it on record that his agents and the police signed that the election was free and fair and they took all the results to the local government collation centre.

 

“When they got there, they presented all the results to the DSS, INEC officials and also to the returning officer and he collected everything and announced that Adams was the winner of the election.

 

“We believe in this party. The only crime I have committed was during the impeachment of the Speaker; that I did not follow them and did not stand against the Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly,” he alleged.

 

He said being a politician, he understood “loyalty and how to always be loyal. That is the only crime I committed and today, I’m calling on the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to caution the Oba.

 

“The Oba is the reason why we lost the presidential election in 2023 in the constituency and he is the reason why we lost the House of Representatives seat. He lost in his own kingdom and the results are there at the INEC for all to see.

 

“I’m calling on the Inspector General of Police that if anything happens to me, he should hold the Oba responsible. And in 2027, if we lose the presidential election in the local government, the President should hold him responsible. We have assured the President that we are going to vote for him and he will win.”

 

He urged his loyalists and supporters to remain calm as he trusts the party enough to resolve the issue.

 

President of the Lekki Residents and Stakeholders Association, Sulyman Bello, also thanked the supporters for having faith in Adams.

 

“On behalf of all of all the estates from 1004 and across the entire Lekki peninsula, we thank all the APC members for standing by our friend, brother, father Hon. Noheem Adams.

 

“If all the estates in Eti -Osa Osa, call on him at the same time, he will respond. We also thank God that he got over 7,000 votes and his opponent a little above 1,000 votes. The winning margin is above 90%.

 

“We thank all those of you that voted and also thank President Ahmed Tinubu for his leadership. We extend our gratitude to the APC leaders in Lagos state. If it is not Noheem, it is not Noheem,” he said.

Continue Reading

Cover Of The Week

Trending