By Ifeoma Ikem
A 47-old pastor, Oluwakemi Oyebola, has been arrested over alleged rape of his own daughter and for administering abortion on her three times.
The perpetrator who is in charge of a parish of Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) was arrested following a complaint by his daughter, who reported through an NGO that took her to Owode-Egbado Divisional Police Headquarters, Ogun State, to formally report the matter that her father has been raping her since 2015.
Mr Ebenezer Omejalile , Coordinator of the NGO,its Advocates for Children and Vulnerable Persons Network (ACVPN) revealed to our correspondent that they have been on the trail of the Pastor for over a month until yesterday July 6 when the hand of the law caught up with him.
Sahara weekly gathered that two out of the three abortions were carried right inside Idi-Iroko General Hospital by a Matron known as Matron Ogundimun aka Iya Ayo and the matron was also responsible for the implant which would expire next year.
It also learnt that a private, Honest hospital in Ogun state is suspected to be a convalescent centre where the third abortion was alleged carried out.
The clergyman is a member of the Police PCRC in Owode, he is well known and his church occupies two plots of land in Owode Ogun State.
Until yesterday July 6, 2020 after due consultations with key stakeholders the pastor was eventually arrested along side with the Doctor of the private hospital the Matron of Idi-Iroko General Hospital.
According to the victim, ‘my father turned me to sex slave immediately my mother died five years ago when I was 19years old.
“After the third abortion my father had me go for family planning so I don’t get pregnant again.
“I realized that my father wants to destroy my life, so when I heard about the NGO, I ran to them to save me.
” It was the NGO that took me to the police station to report the matter,” she said.
Cover Of The Week
- Standard Chartered and Airtel Africa form partnership to drive financial inclusion across Africa August 13, 2020
- Coronavirus - Niger: Improving access to sustainable water, hygiene and sanitation services in Niger August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus: The African Women Leaders Network – a movement for the transformation of Africa August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (12th August 2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Update 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Africa: COVID-19 WHO Africa Update 12.08.2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Nigeria: The COVID-19 Nigeria situation report for 11th August, 2020 August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: COVID-19 Update (12.08.2020) August 12, 2020
- Coronavirus - Kenya: The distribution of the cases by counties as of 12 August 2020 August 12, 2020
- Business Insider Africa now a standalone site with expanded coverage across Africa August 12, 2020
news5 months ago
Governor Dapo Abiodun : The Silent Hardworking Governor
Uncategorized2 months ago
STOP PRESS! AJIMOBI IS NOT DEAD SAYS SPOKESMAN, BOLAJI TUNJI
Politics3 months ago
Lagos Speaker,Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa Clears The Air On Fraud Rumour
Education2 months ago
Methodist owned Wesley University owe staff up to 40 months Salaries