Following the visits of Okada riders in their hundreds to the Governor’s office on Tuesday 20th October and Monday 26th October expressing displeasure at the activities of Union agents operating in parks and garages across the state, the Ministry of Transportation, in pursuant of the present administration’s agenda of “Building Our Future Together”, underscores the importance of peace and responsibility as key ingredients in development and upliftment of the State.
Motorcycles unions, riders and other stakeholders are therefore reminded to give consideration to the, roles and interests of all stakeholders in the sector in the conduct of their activities and desist from any action that can adversely affect the legitimate interest of stakeholders in the sector.
In the meantime, unions and associations involved in revenue collection are asked to maintain status quo and desist from issuance of ‘State’ and ‘Booking’ stickers until on-going discussions on sector reforms, involving all stakeholders, are completed.
Union leaders and their members are urged to conduct themselves with civility. Devoid of any act capable of putting the lives of passengers and the general public in danger.
Ogun State government assures the good people of the State of its unwavering commitment to the protection of lives and property within its parks and garages in particular and the entire State in general.
Engineer Gbenga Dairo
Ogun State Commissioner for Transportation.
Cover Of The Week
- Top tier rugby action returns in February January 19, 2021
- Africa Medical Supplies Platform (AMSP) opens COVID-19 vaccines pre-orders for 55 African Union Member States January 19, 2021
- Coronavirus - Rwanda: COVID-19 update (18 January 2021) January 19, 2021
- Coronavirus - Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (18 January 2021) January 19, 2021
- Coronavirus - Malawi: COVID-19 update (18 January 2021) January 19, 2021
- Coronavirus - Gambia: COVID-19 update (18 January 2021) January 19, 2021
- Security Council Press Statement on Attack against United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali January 19, 2021
- GSK and Novartis announce collaboration to support scientific research into genetic diversity in Africa January 19, 2021
- Coronavirus - Sierra Leone: COVID-19 update (18 January 2021) January 18, 2021
- Coronavirus: African Union Member States reporting COVID-19 cases as of 18 January 2021, 9 am EAT January 18, 2021
Politics2 months ago
US SUPREME COURT DECISION CONFIRMS TB JOSHUA PROPHECY
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Popular Yoruba Actor, Kanran Smiles Again, gets Car, Cash, Property Worth Millions (video)
Metro5 months ago
8 People killed in Edo over ₦100
Sports5 months ago
Prophet TB Joshua Speaks To Messi