The Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has disclosed that his administration would in a couple of weeks commission two roads that connect the State with Lagos state.
The roads stretch from the main industrial hub of Otta to the nation’s commercial capital. Gov Abiodun said he prioritized the road because of his administration’s quest to further open up the state for economic development.
Prince Dapo Abiodun spoke at the celebration of the 25th celebration of the Iganmode day, held at the Ansar-Deen Secondary School Field, at Ota.
He said that the Raypower road and the Joju-Ikola road in the Ado-Odo/ Ota local government area of the state would be the first local government in the state that would have its roads commissioned by his government.
The local government, he said, is not only important to the state, but to the country.
“This local government is a very important local government not only in this state but in the country. This local government is the industrial capital of this nation. For those who don’t appreciate that, we do. To underscore that, we will continue to do everything to ensure that our vision which is to provide focused and qualitative governance, whilst creating an enabling environment for a public Private Sector Partnership materialises.
“I wish to note in particular the state of roads in this local government, especially, the Agbara-Ado- Igbesa axis is so bad that we must fix them expeditiously. Because of this, your local government is the first local government that we are constructing two new roads: the roads are the Raypower road and the Joju-Ikola road. By the grace of God, the two roads are connecting roads to our adjourning state, which is Lagos. Those two roads will be commissioned in the next two weeks, meaning that they will be the first set of roads that this administration is commissioning,” he said.
He added that the day wasn’t just an avenue to celebrate the rich culture of the Awori people, but an avenue to come together and join hands in community development, saying that the people of the state must develop a sense of joint effort in collaboration with the state government.
Abiodun while appreciating the planning committee for putting together a successful celebration of the Iganmode day, commended the Olota of Ota, Oba Adeyemi Obalanlege for bestowing on him an award as the Grand Commander of the Awori Nation.
In his welcome address, the Olota of Ota, Oba (Prof.) Obalanlege appreciated the governor for finding it worthy to appoint two daughters of the town, Engr. Noimot Salako Oyedele and Tpl Ajibola Chokor as Deputy Governor and Head of Service respectively.
He also charged the people of the town to work hard and support Prince Abiodun.
He commended the governor for ensuring that the promises he made during the electioneering campaign and at his inauguration did not “amount to meaningless gibberish or political rhetoric”.
He said the town has challenged itself and is poised to tackle the crisis of poverty and insecurity in the town, with the launching of an endowment fund, called the Foundation for Economic and Development Initiative, (FECODEIN).
The monarch added that the foundation would help develop the economic prosperity of its people as government alone cannot do everything.
He called on the people of the town to come together and build a common future of peace and prosperity and support government in its quest to build a prosperous state.
Highlight of the day was the conferment of an award of the Grand Commander of the Awori Nation on the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun.
Cover Of The Week
- USAID launches ‘Water for Agriculture’ Activity promotes livelihoods for farmers in the Northeast January 22, 2020
- U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF), and CITI Foundation team up to invest in Young African Social Entrepreneurs January 22, 2020
- Canon Secures Two New Partnerships Underlining Commitment to Egyptian Market January 22, 2020
- Chinese and Sierra Leonean Friends Celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year Together January 22, 2020
- South Africa's International Relations and Cooperation Ministry Receives Copy of Credentials of Qatari Ambassador January 22, 2020
- Afro-disruption: 6 reasons to book for BizTrendsLIVE!2020 January 22, 2020
- Secretary-General appoints Lieutenant General Daniel Sidiki Traoré of Burkina Faso as Force Commander of the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in the Central African Republic January 22, 2020
- Talented squad named for South Africa (SA) Rugby Academy alignment camp January 22, 2020
- Minister hails UK-Morocco future January 22, 2020
- UK aid contributes £3 million to help feed Burundian refugees in Rwanda January 22, 2020
Sports6 months ago
The Final Match Between Senegal Vs Algeria Today
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria .
celebrity radar - gossips1 month ago
Apostle Omotosho Releases Shocking 57 Prophecies For 2020
news6 months ago
Breaking News: What T.B. Joshua Told Assistant Coach Imama Amapakabo Before the Game Between Nigeria and Algeria