• As Group Asks APC To Disqualify Faleke’s Candidate
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has clarified the authenticity of the December 1979 result being paraded by a chairmanship aspirant in Ojodu Local Council Development Area (LCDA) of Lagos state, Alhaja Layeni Olufunmilayo Kafayat, saying that the certificate is not genuine.
Layeni, an aspirant in the forthcoming Local Government elections under the banner of All Progressives Congress (APC), is majorly being sponsored by a member of the House of Representatives representing Ikeja Federal Constituency, Hon James Faleke.
In a response dated May 25, 2021 to an inquiry with respect to the authenticity of Layeni’s result, the examination body said the result did not emanate from it.
In the said result, Layeni claimed to have made C6 in English Language, C5 in Government, C4 in Economics, C4 in Mathematics, D7 in Biology, C5 in Commerce, and C3 in Accounts.
The examination body simply replied: “source document not from WAEC.”
Meanwhile, an interest group in Ojodu known as Ojodu Collectives has urged the leadership of the APC to disqualify Layeni from participating in the primary election to decide the candidate of the party for the general election.
In a statement jointly signed by the Chairman and Publicity Secretary of the group, Mr Shola Akinmaja and Seun Adeboriola respectively, the group said it was unfortunate that someone aspiring to lead the council could be parading a fake result.
“In the light of the revelation by WAEC to the effect that the result being paraded by the said Layeni is fake and not genuine, we urge the APC as a proactive and responsible party to do the needful by disqualifying Layeni forthwith,” the statement reads in part.
the group also called on the police to investigate the development and take necessary action, since falsification of result also amounts to forgery and perjury under the law for which prosecution is applicable.
In a related development, Hon Wale Abdusalam of the Segun Odunmbaku Campaign Organization (SOCO), has condemned attempts by some persons within the APC to deceive unsuspecting party members to the effect that a particular candidate has been endorsed.
Abdusalam admonished the people to be wary of the antics of desperate elements.
“Our attention has been drawn to the actions of some mischievous aspirants within Ojodu LCDA pretending to be staff of APC party secretariat and calling innocent voters lying to them that certain aspirants have been endorsed and that innocent voters should come out and vote for them with monetary inducements on the day of primary election.
“The Segun Odunmbaku Campaign Organization (SOCO) totally condemns this act of canvassing for votes through fraudulent means.
“We appeal to all our teeming supporters to please ignore their calls and remain focused,” Abdusalam said.
Cover Of The Week
- Emerson Publishes Environmental, Social and Governance Report June 22, 2021
- AMEA Power launches 50MW Solar Power Plant in Togo - the country's first utility-scale renewable energy project developed by an Independent Power Producer June 22, 2021
- Merck Foundation calls for action together with 13 African First Ladies and 27 Ministers to Build Healthcare Capacity, Break the Infertility Stigma and Support Girl Education at their annual conference June 22, 2021
- World Food Programme (WFP) says 41 million people now at imminent risk of famine without urgent funding and immediate humanitarian access June 22, 2021
- AFRICOM's Gen. Townsend meets African leaders at exercise African Lion June 22, 2021
- Germany supports World Food Programme's (WFP) life-saving food assistance to vulnerable families in South Sudan June 22, 2021
- Doctors Without Borders (MSF) responds to mRNA COVID vaccine technology transfer hub being set up in South Africa June 22, 2021
- AMISOM troops relocate from Marianguwaay Forward Operating Base in the Lower Shabelle region of Somalia and gives the community land back to the Federal Government of Somalia June 22, 2021
- Defeating Ebola in Guinea through better experience June 22, 2021
- Coronavirus - Zambia: COVID-19 Statistics Daily Status Update (21 June 2021) June 22, 2021
religion6 months ago
Kidnapping In Aso Rock, CBN Governor Indictment, Death Of Governor, Others – Primate Ayodele Fearful 2021 Prophecies
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
Profile of New Chief of Army Staff Maj Gen Ibrahim Attahiru
Fashion/Lifestyle2 months ago
How To Make a Girl Horny Fast – 9 Easy Tricks
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
Apostle Omotosho Rolls out Over 90 Prophetic Alerts For 2021