The Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal continued sitting Thursday with the All Progressives Congress (APC) trying rationalise alterations of election results as reflected in the forms EC8As, submitted as exhibits by the Petitioner, Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke.
APC counsels led by Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN) attempted to shift the legality of the alterations to the INEC ward collation agents and the provisions of the guidelines issued for the conduct of the election.
While the court admitted the INEC guidelines for the election despite PDP’s counsel’s Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu’s objection, the witnesses produced by APC failed to toe the line marked out by the APC legal team.
The witnesses all admitted that any alteration of the result should have reflected on the pink copy, and signed by all party agents at the polling centers, thus confirming that in most cases, the alterations did not reflect on the pink copies, party agents’ names/signatures were either not written at all or were forged.
The petitioner’s counsel were able to extract these facts from APC witnesses thereby buttressing PDP’s allegations and submissions that several election results were doctored to reduce the margin of PDP victory on September 22.
Another APC witness equally proceeded to confirm that the disparity between the pink and the purportedly certified true copies violated the INEC election guidelines.
The guidelines had stated that in case of any alteration of results at collation centres, such must be reflected on the carbonated pink copies. In several cases, it was not the case as confirmed by APC’s witnesses.
After taking three witnesses, lawyers to the APC abruptly stopped calling more witnesses when It was evident that the witnesses were inadvertently strengthening PDP’s case instead of theirs.
The tribunal continues sitting today.
Ogun to Demolish Houses That Habour Kidnappers, Sets Up Trust Fund
Fashion Your Way To Fame With Scissor Reality Show
LAGOS FIRST LADY RAISES HOPE OF IMPROVED ACCESS TO QUALITY HEALTHCARE
Emirates Aviation University introduces a special package for international students
ZENITH BANK APPOINTS HENRY OROH EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AND DR. AL-MUJTABA ABUBAKAR INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Cover Of The Week
- New push for peace in Gogrial, Tonj, Wau as area governors embark on grassroots implementation activities August 23, 2019
- Tanzania: Second journalist arrested in a month must be released unconditionally August 23, 2019
- Merck Foundation in partnership with the First Lady of Malawi launches a children story to teach children and youth family values of love and respect- The Story of Limbani and Takondwa August 23, 2019
- Facebook celebrates 'Icons of Change' from across Sub-Saharan Africa with a Youth Gathering in Accra, Ghana August 23, 2019
- Assistant Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong Meets with Charles Kayonga, Rwandan Ambassador to Leave August 23, 2019
- UN Commission on Human Rights in South Sudan: Localization of conflict and unaddressed community grievances serve as barriers to sustainable peace August 23, 2019
- Alternatives to Irregular Migration: International Organization for Migration (IOM) Launches Vocational Training Programme for Gambians August 23, 2019
- Innovative Inclusive Approach to Strengthen Community Cohesion in Chad August 23, 2019
- Launch of the Advancing Economic Diversification in Ethiopia Project August 23, 2019
- School closures in West and Central Africa triple since 2017, as education comes under fire across the region August 23, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips6 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized6 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business4 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime5 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others