The Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal continued sitting Thursday with the All Progressives Congress (APC) trying rationalise alterations of election results as reflected in the forms EC8As, submitted as exhibits by the Petitioner, Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP), Senator Ademola Adeleke.
APC counsels led by Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN) attempted to shift the legality of the alterations to the INEC ward collation agents and the provisions of the guidelines issued for the conduct of the election.
While the court admitted the INEC guidelines for the election despite PDP’s counsel’s Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu’s objection, the witnesses produced by APC failed to toe the line marked out by the APC legal team.
The witnesses all admitted that any alteration of the result should have reflected on the pink copy, and signed by all party agents at the polling centers, thus confirming that in most cases, the alterations did not reflect on the pink copies, party agents’ names/signatures were either not written at all or were forged.
The petitioner’s counsel were able to extract these facts from APC witnesses thereby buttressing PDP’s allegations and submissions that several election results were doctored to reduce the margin of PDP victory on September 22.
Another APC witness equally proceeded to confirm that the disparity between the pink and the purportedly certified true copies violated the INEC election guidelines.
The guidelines had stated that in case of any alteration of results at collation centres, such must be reflected on the carbonated pink copies. In several cases, it was not the case as confirmed by APC’s witnesses.
After taking three witnesses, lawyers to the APC abruptly stopped calling more witnesses when It was evident that the witnesses were inadvertently strengthening PDP’s case instead of theirs.
The tribunal continues sitting today.
Abel Olasunkanmi Ayen: A HONOR WELL DESERVED
Ogun: NO ETHNIC AGENDA PLEASE
“How The God of T.B. Joshua Saved me from Fatal Accident’- Engr. Akinbola Fatiregun
2019 HAJJ: 550 OGUN PILGRIMS ARRIVE SAUDI
Taye currency, Aroleowo,Lyta,Lanre Teriba,Femi solar, Others Set To Take Ibadan By Storm At Unscarred Concert
Cover Of The Week
- Sustainable Development Goal 8 (SDG8) plays pivotal role in efforts to achieve 2030 Agenda, says Chinganya July 19, 2019
- July 23 Briefing with Ambassador Tibor P. Nagy, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of African Affairs and Constance Hamilton Assistant U.S. Trade Representative for Africa July 19, 2019
- Security Council Press Statement on Abyei July 19, 2019
- Rugby: Zambia turns focus on Kenya meet July 19, 2019
- ENGIE and Meridiam achieve financial close for two solar photovoltaic projects in Senegal July 19, 2019
- Building Shelters for Vulnerable Displaced Persons in Burkina Faso July 19, 2019
- Merck Foundation partners with the First Lady of Malawi to build healthcare capacity and break infertility stigma in the country July 19, 2019
- 2019 OFID Annual Award for Development recognizes Vida Duti’s remarkable water and sanitation work in Ghana July 19, 2019
- The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) launches new strategy, sets sights on sustainable growth and maximum development impact July 19, 2019
- Embiid, Bosh, Brogdon, Deng And Dieng Headline Basketball Without Borders Africa 2019 In Senegal July 19, 2019
celebrity radar - gossips5 months ago
2019 Election: The Nigerian election may likely be postponed because of many challenges. In whatever way, God is in Control “- T B Joshua Reveals
Uncategorized5 months ago
“We are not postponing elections” – INEC
Business3 months ago
Exposed! How APC Chieftain, Etiebet’s 2016 letter gave new clues to alleged N2.4bn debt to Access Bank
Crime3 months ago
Abduction:2 suspects nabbed Over Kidnap of Lagos state fire service Director, Six others